Easy Office
LCI Learning

REPLACE CPT WITH PE 1

Page no : 2

CA Prabhakar K (chartered accountant) (28 Points)
Replied 06 October 2010

Yes, CPT is failing in providing conceptual knowledge to students. It should be reverted to PE1. Only coaching centres are benefitted by CPT.

Nissim Shanawaz (student) (38 Points)
Replied 06 October 2010

Actually the problem is not with CPT, with its standard only. if CPT is made more tougher it would make the difference. If any cpt rank holder failed to clear ca inter that cannot be interpreted as cpt's fault. Because I've seen many people who had cleared CA inter at first attempt(even somebody with rank) and failed to clear final even their 2 to 3 attempts....

Azim Khan ACA,CS,CMA*,LLB* (Proprietor) (1312 Points)
Replied 06 October 2010

to Black berry ( wah kya naam rakha hai?),

i fully agree with u. PE-1 had a very good level which unfortunately CPT does not have. 

one of my office colleague passed CPT in the first attempt but flunked 4 times in PCC and still struggling. we the PE-1 & PE-ii students have become CA now.

ICAI has made a good amount of money since the introduction of CPT. 

Thank you!

(Guest)

Guys can't u tell ur opinion in small font..

anyways cpt should be replaced with pe1

BLACK BERRY (FYI) (49 Points)
Replied 06 October 2010

SOMEONE HAS TO TAKE THIS ASPECT TO ICAI......

Shiv Nath kapoor (Student) (29 Points)
Replied 06 October 2010

PE-I gives clear view about actual C.A. course..... how much efforts and hardwork it reqiured, but CPT is not at all upto the standerd.......... CPT should be changed with PE-I.

RAKESH (Almost CA) (2199 Points)
Replied 06 October 2010

Yes the issue raised by mr. blackberry is very serious. it gotta be replaced with PE 1 . CPT is like hit and miss. if ur luck favours u , u will clear it even thought u might not have that sound knowledge about the subjects whereas in PE 1 u r supposed to have that basic conceptual knowledge about the fundas. so yes its high time for the heavy weights to think about replacing the CPT stream with PE 1 or with some other way. even if the cpt bar is raised i think that will do it. 

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager) (2345 Points)
Replied 06 October 2010

Either Make CPT a little tougher by making it compulsory to pass in every subject.

OR

Bring back PE 1

Currently CPT is quite easy to pass.

CA kuldeep kothari (own practice) (375 Points)
Replied 06 October 2010

i strictly suggest that scrap cpt at all start pe1 cheers pe1

Vishal D. Darji (Qualified CA and CS) (162 Points)
Replied 06 October 2010

Well I fully agree with all you masters. But the ones who clear CPT are filtered automatically in PCC/ IPCC, so the level of CA degree is still intact.

Hence, ICAI is very smart in introducing CPT and thereby gaining in terms of money and also not  compensating with its reputation.

Thanks

<<Vishal>>

Pradeep Patankar (IFRS ( London)) (289 Points)
Replied 06 October 2010

Yes PE-1 is better than CPT....

There must be some standard for the student who are coming in CA course....

I have cleared PE I and then transfered to IPCC..

I know the efforts i put for clearing PE I and the students who are there with me after clearing CPT are not having any idea who mush study and efforts are required for passing in IPCC and Final level..

they are overconfident. Due to structure of CPT students are getting passed in great numbers. In my opinion PE I should be introduced again in place of CPT...

Thanks for putting this discussion friends...

Lets see the effect of this discussion...

hope for the best...

Thank u again...

Replied 06 October 2010

SOMEONE HAS TO TAKE THIS TOPIC TO ICAI.SENIOR MEMBERS CAN MAKE DIFFERENCES........LET US MAKE IT BIG.THIS IS NOT A SMALL THING TO LEAVE.WE ARE REQUESTING CA CLUB INDIA EXPERTS  AND MEMBERS TO GIVE THIER OPINIONS...................

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kalpesh Chauhan,

Originally posted by : KUNDAN SINGH

Ca inter should be equivalent to m.com or post graduation courses, our institute should do something in this regard..

I dont agree with Mr. Kundan as CA inter is equal to 50% CA and M.Com is just a master degree which you can get from anywhere even in distance and without hard work.

And CA Inter is somewhat which require hard work and commitment.

And as far as CPT is concerned it must must must be replaced by CA PE-I

if you think Ca inter requires more hardwork and commitemnt then why u not supporting that institute should value Ca inter more than m.com.AS we know the result of Ca inter is very less than M.com

M.com can be easily done as compared to Cainter.

But in most Govt jobs m.com is required no place for Ca inter students.

it means Ca inter studnts hve no value in Govt SEctor

Replied 07 October 2010

this is good response from members of ca club india.seems no one like cpt.......yes it must be replaced by PE 1

(Guest)

CPT IS OUT OF STANDARDS.PLEASE REPLACE IT WITH PE 1

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: