Easy Office
LCI Learning

Regular assessment tax paid

Page no : 5

HARISANKAR L (23 Points)
Replied 13 January 2022

Originally posted by : puneet
 I was also able to submit it. Current status showing as pending for payment

Any change in your status?wat to do now?

puneet (medicine) (37 Points)
Replied 13 January 2022

Itr-not processed

Still showing as pending for payment

Interest not added.

No solution as of now

Haranath (Project lead) (42 Points)
Replied 14 January 2022

Originally posted by : puneet
Itr-not processed

Still showing as pending for payment

Interest not added.

No solution as of now

Somehow demand not showing in the portal from the last 4 days but ITR STILL in under processing state. How about you ? Are you able to see demand?

Haranath (Project lead) (42 Points)
Replied 14 January 2022

Originally posted by : HARISANKAR L

Originally posted by : Haranath

What is the last date to submit your demand response? Did you submit response before last date or after that ?.

What is the status of your ITR in the portal? If it is in processed state, you can try for rectification with the help of CA.

Last date was Dec 2.. i paid demand on Nov 2 itself..i was able to submit response on Dec 28.now current status is pending for payment.interest computation is happening and is added to existing demand..itr status is processed.what is happening?any solution?

Some how my demand not showing in portal from last 4 days. Can you check yours?.

In case demand still exists for you, you can try filing revised return.

Shesh (...) (24 Points)
Replied 22 January 2022

The demand was raised on Nov 2,2021 and I immediately paid the demand. However I could update the challan details only on Dec 8,2021 due to portal issues. 

Now the Demand status shows "Pending Payment" as current status.  Not sure what to do next. 

HARISANKAR L (23 Points)
Replied 11 February 2022

Still current status is showing pending payment.interest also accruing (3 months interest accrued).what to do?

1 Like

Mishika Verma (4 Points)
Replied 17 February 2022

I got a demand raised on 19th October because of excess refund processed but i have paid that by challan on 6 th dec 2021 itself.. Despite of that i was unable to respond to my Demand notice stating" Any open challan...." On 29 th of dec i submitted my response to the demand and still it is showing pending payment and interest is accrued there on.. what can i do now... Please help

Matt Scott (4 Points)
Replied 02 April 2022

What a mess-up by Income Tax portal, man. Seriously !

01-Nov-21 : I filed my ITR-2 & paid the amt same day (little excess infact)

18-Nov-21: I get Intimation letter to pay the amt & "Respond to outstanding demand". I couldn't do that for many days due to that Open Challan database error we all faced.

27-Dec-21: Finally I was able to respond to notice (although ITR was filed & amt was paid). there was no reason of getting the demand notice at first place.

3 months passed: And till today my ITR status shows "Pending Payment" (Form 26AS shows Paid with my challan number since the time I have filed this)

Multiple grievance filed but no luck.

Don't know where to go, what to do...?

Saket Ranjan (6 Points)
Replied 02 April 2022

I am also facing same problem, sent several emails to AO , raised greviance but no response, after payment it's still showing as pending for payment.

Vignesh J (2 Points)
Replied 11 May 2022

Any updates on this thread? I am facing this issue since September 2021
Filed several grievances to AO and got unsatisfying responses.
What will happen to this? (The outstanding demand (for AY-2021-22) is keep on increasing due to interests.)
Do I need to pay the fresh challans to resolve this issue and later, can we get the refund of the already paid challans which are not reflected in the new portal but I can see in traces?
or do I need to consult a CA to iron out this?

Saket Ranjan (6 Points)
Replied 11 May 2022

I am also facing same issue, AO is not replying and my demand is showing as pending for payment from last 6 months. 

(Guest)

Hi All, Does anyone has solution. Talked to my CA , he is not able to help. 

Paid, reflected in 26AS, responded in same timeline as yours. No demand in 'Response to outstanding demand' but ITR status is still 'Processed with Demand Due'.

If anyone has solution , pls share

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: