Easy Office
LCI Learning

Regular assessment tax paid

Page no : 4

Mitali Jain (Fresher) (26 Points)
Replied 28 December 2021

Dear All,  I am also able to submit the response now, I paid outstanding tax on 2nd November 2021 and yesterday I was able to submit response. But portal also showing me interest for a month calculating from 18th Nov but I paid tax on 2nd Nov itself immediately when demand got raise. Why should I pay interest now as it was not my fault if tool was not working properly to update my response earlier? Please help what to do

Jeetendra Nayak (6 Points)
Replied 28 December 2021

I cant see my outstanding demand anymnore. I think they took care from backend?

Haranath (Project lead) (42 Points)
Replied 28 December 2021

Yes, I am able to respond in the portal.

What happens after responding in the portal? How long they take to remove demand from portal?.

Do they charge interest on demand even after responding it in portal?.

HARISANKAR L (23 Points)
Replied 30 December 2021

I paid demand on Nov 5 and only now i was able to submit the response. Now the current status is showing as pending for payment.Is this the status showing for everyone else here?

puneet (medicine) (37 Points)
Replied 30 December 2021

I was also able to submit it. Current status showing as pending for payment

Prakash Pk (6 Points)
Replied 30 December 2021

Able to submit the response, now the current status is pending for payment. Now the new problem is they have adjusted the current AY refund amount against the demand which already paid. Please tell how to get the refund for this Current AY

Replied 01 January 2022

I am also able to submit response, current status showing as pending for payment. ITR status still showing as  under processing  even though it processed & sent demand notice to me. Helpline said that my ITR processed with demand due. I am not able to file rectification due to incorrect ITR status in the portal. Not sure whether it is due to outstanding demand or some other problem. Anyone facing similar issue with ITR status ?.

HARISANKAR L (23 Points)
Replied 07 January 2022

Now portal  showing me interest for 2 months calculating from 2nd Nov but I paid tax on 4th Nov itself when demand got raised.  Why should I need to pay interest as it was not my fault? Will it be corrected from their end?

Replied 07 January 2022

What is the last date to submit your demand response? Did you submit response before last date or after that ?.

What is the status of your ITR in the portal? If it is in processed state, you can try for rectification with the help of CA.

Sachin Jain (4 Points)
Replied 07 January 2022

Originally posted by sachin jain

After submitting response ,today i checked my demand status ,there is no demand pending shows ,i checked multiple times but no data record for estimated demand

Replied 07 January 2022

Correct, it is not showing demand for me also.

Portal has its own mood sometimes it shows, some times not. So it is better to check it  every day once , if it doesn't show consistently for 1 week or 10 days , at least we can say that demand vacated.

Replied 13 January 2022

Hi all,

Portal is not showing any demand for me from the last 3 days. Not sure whether it is nullified or portal has problems.

What about yours? Is it showing for you or not?.

HARISANKAR L (23 Points)
Replied 13 January 2022

Does your problem gets solved?

HARISANKAR L (23 Points)
Replied 13 January 2022

Originally posted by : Mitali Jain
Dear All,  I am also able to submit the response now, I paid outstanding tax on 2nd November 2021 and yesterday I was able to submit response. But portal also showing me interest for a month calculating from 18th Nov but I paid tax on 2nd Nov itself immediately when demand got raise. Why should I pay interest now as it was not my fault if tool was not working properly to update my response earlier? Please help what to do

Does your problem gets solved?

HARISANKAR L (23 Points)
Replied 13 January 2022

Originally posted by : Haranath
What is the last date to submit your demand response? Did you submit response before last date or after that ?.

What is the status of your ITR in the portal? If it is in processed state, you can try for rectification with the help of CA.

Last date was Dec 2.. i paid demand on Nov 2 itself..i was able to submit response on Dec 28.now current status is pending for payment.interest computation is happening and is added to existing demand..itr status is processed.what is happening?any solution?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: