Poonawalla fincorps
Poonawalla fincorps

Poverty and Malnutrition

Page no : 3

(Guest)

Sure sir, willl do our best... Hope my friends too.........

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 30 May 2011

While discussing the topic we are thinking with heart, not by mind.

Not only here but at multiple times while we discuss these facts with NGO level also, nobody is interested to find the root cause of such situation, but everybody is ready to tender helping hands to poor population. But, will it help them really, they will get more dependent on help, in place of getting self dependent.

Such situations are generated for "easy achivement of facilities" for which they dont feel liable to pay anymore, there may be some genuine people who really deserve helping hands, but majority of such population is just oppertunity seekers, and they grab the shares of original needy peoples also.

Basic deficiency is of education, where we have lots to do with our social efforts, educate them and make them stand on their own, by adding extended hands for their hunger, shelter, and wearings, but paying cash or gifting them some money is not a solution at all, as it will make them addicted to helps, and they will invite more and more persons from their known areas to slums to join them to get more and more help, result would be bitter in next time.

Every helping hand has its limits, economicaly and timewise both, so nobody alone can remove the pains of all, but if we get focused to single person who deserves help, and extend our hands to educate him/her, cater his needs for hunger, shelter, and cloths in efficient way, that would work more better way.

Before extending hands of help, its our duty to judge the needs of beneficiary, not with his/her words, but by visiting his place, meeting with his members, and analysing the facts after a consultatin iwth local bodies, it may take little effort and time, but it will filter the "greedy" from "needy" persons, effective way.

If we dont have so much patience and time to work with, then stay away with direct help but tender hands to any NGO who is working with such situations, like CRY, UNICEF, SOS children village of india, ............many more you will get in your city, get associate with them, pay through them. Remember if you pay 1/- to any begger on road, he will think- its the easiest way to get money, and he will adopt it as profession, and will never turn back for any "working status".

Choice is in hands of society, whether we like to make an educated society or society of abnormal people, who like to beg for everything ( coz they think they will get by begging)

1 Like

Sasanka Bhalaki (Student) (1935 Points)
Replied 30 May 2011

Sir really nice sir..i have time and i will do as my duty in helping the needy for my country and my people..for sure..and offcourse i will continue it..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: