EASYOFFICE

Pass only 3 paper to have ICAEW degree !!!

Page no : 2

hamsa lekha (Management Trainee Taxation & Secretarial Practices)   (62 Points)
Replied 25 November 2008

i am planning to do that.

CA.Neeraj Kothari (service) (36 Points)
Replied 25 November 2008

hi .... to everyone...

that is great news

but any body can tell me what its cost?????????????

jay shah (Properitor) (95 Points)
Replied 25 November 2008

Originally posted by :hamsa lekha
" i am planning to do that. "

yes am planning to do that

CA Surajit Roy (Service) (89 Points)
Replied 25 November 2008

who  wants  to  be  the  1st  Ginipig ?

Neeraj  has  hit  right  question .

Cost.. ........Hmmmmmm

Isn't  relevant  in this  Financial  Crisis  to  consider at  the  outset ?????

Murlee (Professional) (204 Points)
Replied 25 November 2008

under this agreement i think it provides membership of the respective institutes only, attestation function is not allowed for the member of other origin.

Ashutosh Mishra (Service) (125 Points)
Replied 25 November 2008

Please discuss something about cost of  this course.

shailesh agarwal (professional accountant)   (7642 Points)
Replied 26 November 2008

Originally posted by :Aisha
" The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) as on 20th November, 2008. This MoU will foster working relations between the two bodies. This has been signed by Mr. Martin Hagen, Deputy President, ICAEW and CA. Ved Jain, President, ICAI in the presence of Union Minister of Corporate Affairs, Hon'ble Shri Prem Chand Gupta. The MoU will provide for mutual Recognition and Examination arrangements for the members of the two largest Institutes of the world. The two largest Chartered Accountancy bodies joined hands in recognition arrangements for their members.

The two Institutes have been following highest standards of professional education, training, technical & ethical standards. The MoU entails coming together of two largest Accounting bodies working in tandem with each other to provide a synergy. This agreement would facilitate mobility of members across the borders and further strengthen the ties between India and United Kingdom (U.K.). This MoU will establish closer working linkages as well as provide recognition for members of the two bodies in the respective countries. With this arrangement, the two nations would be playing leadership role in their respective region.

The arrangement provides that existing members of ICAI with two years of post qualification experience will be eligible for ICAEW membership on passing the ICAEW's one paper on Case Study. The ICAI members with less than two years of experience will be required to pass 3 papers- Case Study, Technical Integration Business change, Technical Integration Business Reporting.

On the other hand, members of ICAEW who are trained in public practice will become eligible for ICAI membership subject to passing ICAI's 4 no.s of examination papers for the special modules – Taxation; Law, Ethics & Communication; Information Technology & Strategic Management; and Auditing & Assurance.
"

yashes gala (Service) (177 Points)
Replied 26 November 2008

Hi all

Do the cost accountants have such kind of post graduation course ??

Regards

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 26 November 2008

Iam also planning to do ICAEW, any body can mention the fee structure of icaew

CA. Amit Daga (Finance Controller CA. CS. CFA. CIFRS. M.COM. )   (9017 Points)
Replied 26 November 2008

Can any body tell me abt the fees structure and how we will be proceed out Registration form

Divya Jain (C.A. Final Student) (178 Points)
Replied 26 November 2008

I'l definitely do it after completing ca...

nilesh jain (service) (23 Points)
Replied 26 November 2008

i am not C.A. but 12 years experience in costing and mis can i do this simply i am B.com and MCA

Vikram M. (Unemployed) (504 Points)
Replied 26 November 2008

How useful really is this degree for an Indian CA? I am hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on this as it seems that the ICAI has announced the MoU and left it at that.

Originally posted by :Mehul

" under this agreement i think it provides membership of the respective institutes only, attestation function is not allowed for the member of other origin. "

This is another important point that needs to be clarified.

Is the degree that one gets under this arrangement, in any way inferior to one acquired by a person under the normal scheme of that Institute?

Jeet Biswas (ACMA (in Service)) (5073 Points)
Replied 26 November 2008

I dont think tht it will be an inferior one....

one has to keep in mind that u can get this CAEW degree Only bcoz u ARE a CA. The way of entry into ICAEW is different, but the end result is the same. i.e the membership of ICAEW.

people might knw 'how' u got the membership. but the 'membership' itslf cannot be questioned.

agv trinadh (29 Points)
Replied 26 November 2008

i have doubt here,what is meant by 2 years post qualification, i have cleared ca in may 2006 and till now i have not taken membership, it will be counted as 2 years posat qualification or i must be member in icai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro