Nov'10 students-How to study

RAJEEV VERMA (ARTICLE ASSISSTANT) (79 Points)

08 May 2010  

Source: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/costingbyparaggupta/message/3215

Hi Friends (Nov.’10 attempters)

Since only 6 months are left, I thought about sharing my views with you about the way you should revise your course. Plz do read this mail carefully for doing effective revision to score best in your examination.

• Categorize each chapter as per difficulty level & importance level (Here level of easiness should be yours & importance should be as per scanner). I am attaching a general ABC analysis of Costing applicable for May’10 attempt. Here I have taken level of easiness for mass students & not my students. Just prepare a similar ABC analysis for each subject.
  • Now start reading the chapter which you feel is most simple. While reading, don’t practice much of class work questions. Just read them and understand them properly. You might have forgotten everything from the chapter, if you are studying it after long time duration, but reading class work questions once will remind you everything. Remember, practicing those questions will be just cramming of class work questions and nothing more. You are not going to learn the reasons & concept.
  • Now after reading the chapter, start doing 1 class work & at least 2-3 related homework questions by your hand (from each topic of the chapter). Again you will face very much problem while doing these questions. Don’t worry at all. Although it will be very irritating on not being able to crack whole question, but remember here you will stuck at the points on which student’s faces problem in real examination while doing new questions. Also note that by revising in this way you will be able to understand each and every concept thoroughly & its impact in a new question.
  • After completing the whole chapter in this way, do some questions from scanner (not compiler). Although almost all questions of scanner are already covered in every teacher’s book, but a teacher’s/reference book contains several questions which are not examination based. Scanner provides you knowledge about exact examination pattern questions only & practicing such questions will also guide you about the proper importance of chapters and type of questions of recent trend.
  • Proceed for all easy chapters in this way.
  • Now for difficult chapters, categorize it in 2 ways. 1st FImportant as per recent examination trend. 2nd FUnimportant as per recent examination trend.
  • Do all difficult chapters while doing 1st revision but leave such chapters in all further revisions, otherwise these unimportant difficult topics will unnecessarily become time killer chapters.

In case you still face any problem even after following above instructions (esp. in Costing) then just mail me back.

CA. Parag Gupta

(Faculty-Costing & O.R. for CA Final)

Costing By Parag Gupta

Bright Professionals Pvt. Ltd.

Ground Floor, A-156, Gali No. 4, Shakarpur, Laxmi Nagar (Metro Pillar No. 40) Delhi - 110092

1/53 Lalita Park, Laxmi Nagar (Near Gurudwara), Delhi - 110092

Ph.: 47665555, 9811136987, 9811042458

Ph : +91 9968875529

Email : paraggupta_ca @ yahoo.co.in

Yahoo Group :  https://groups.yahoo.com/group/costingbyparaggupta

P.S.: For any Costing & O.R. related query, you are requested to call me during 9:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m @ +91 9891432632.