Easy Office
LCI Learning

No job newly qualified ca ready for 10 k salary

Page no : 3

Sekar (Student) (197 Points)
Replied 07 September 2012

Bhai,

Companies will not knock your house door in mid night, after completing the Course.

You only have to kick off the hurdles.........

Your learning process does not stop after clearing CA....... It starts only after that.

Since we have to learn till our life ends..........

Cheers......... Bhai.............Miles to Go...............

(Guest)

people shouldnt post such demoralizing stuff. you are begging. so sad.

1 Like

Tejas Shah (Deputy Manager ( Finance & Accounts ))   (211 Points)

Hi everyone

I would like to share my story as a fresh CA. I passed out in MAY 2011 after 4 attempts and to be really truthful things were not better as compared to present situation for any fresher at that time.

I already had a good job with a CA Firm back then, but work exposure and prospects were not so bright. So for 4 months i.e after results in july 2011 i was frantically trying to search for jobs with better prospects ( actually i was bit confused to which sector i need to get in, same is the case with many of us moreover job oppurtunity were literally dwindling ) and ofcourse better pay. Though i had given more than 6 interveiw which also included campus placement interview i was not selected by any of the company or bank. ( This Reservation system in Bank and other public sector , Ohh that shall require some other day for discussion )

After 4 Months of frustration came one fine day of an interveiw arranged by one of my relative in Ahmedabad. I was interveiwed twice by CEO and once by Senior Manager of Accounts and Finance Department. The real twist came later on when i was asked to be posted to some remote location near pune on acceptance of their offer. ( Actually i came to realised later that nobody was willing to go to such remote location and though the management was not very keen on taking me in they too had very limited option ). And thus i was selected for a post of Deputy Manager in Accounts and Finance Department ( wait it a'it over yet ). My Senior at the remote plant location just resigned before my joining the company, and "waalla" i become the most senior person at plant location in my department.

First 9 months with the company has gone by and feel myself really lucky to get such an oppurtunity. Though their are always some cons with the pros, that i have leave away from home, no friends and family. But this all has made me more stronger mentally.

My intention to narrate my story is to provide some encouragement to fresher CA's and to trust on their stregth, abilities and their destiny.

CA Lokesh Pokharna (CA (Ahmedabad Bhilwara Chittorgarh))   (4128 Points)

Hi anand , how you can be ready to work for just 10k p.m. in todays inflationary scanario cost of living so much high i dont know how you can survive for 10k. * m very surprised if these kind of offers u receiving from market or practicing firms.......;..

"a ca ready for work at 10k"

its a very big news  &  downtrend signal of CA/ICAI reputation * 

so shameless ICAI.... sun lo ICAI ab to hamari...

kyun aisi halat kar di icai ne hamari...

@ anand- i think you should start practice plus work parttime whereever you interested means if like teaching then teach or do part time accounting work..

sum up of all above will fetch u more than 20 k p.m.

KARTIK (JOB) (240 Points)

i thought about practise but with my limited contacts  and im from a poor family.. i cant survive, 

i was not getting a SINGLE CALL even though im applying to ALL JOBS IN NAUKRI..

thats y i am even ready for 10k.. i need a job badly.. and sme of my friends are working in audit firm for 15k as salary after qualifying.....

Manjunatha M K (Manager - Accounts) (318 Points)

Do not Compare yourself with others.

Think about yourself.

About practice, to learn swimming you get in to water and learn. Without getting in to water it is impossible to learn swimming. I think you can understand.

So, If you want to practice, go ahead and do something for that. Initially it will be dificult for 1-2 years only.

CA Lokesh Pokharna (CA (Ahmedabad Bhilwara Chittorgarh))   (4128 Points)

Originally posted by : anand

i thought about practise but with my limited contacts  and im from a poor family.. i cant survive, 

i was not getting a SINGLE CALL even though im applying to ALL JOBS IN NAUKRI..

thats y i am even ready for 10k.. i need a job badly.. and sme of my friends are working in audit firm for 15k as salary after qualifying.....

everyman comes without contacts,knoweldge  all happens here.....if u want to live at ur homeown- then do what i said earlier, its very easy(outflow of just rs. 4000(mship+cop) ... otherwise refine ur resume with modifying ur address details , then put in again on job websites it will help you...if u have putted address of hometown u wont get responce , mention address of big citie like benglore, kocchi, chennai. ) m very hopeful u will get good job.

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)

Please do not get demoralised.. its just a matter of time before u can get the desired job. If you are not getting the kind of job that you are interested in, seek the alternative options, sectors or domains that draw your interest and attention. And don't think of working for 10000. Remember, its better to remain "unemployed" for a few months than remaining "underemployed or underpaid" for years.

All the best for your career endeavours.

Vikash Goyal (Assistant Manager) (28 Points)

No Reference No Job....No Rank No preference.....No Investment no firm....No buttering no promotion....Non politician no survival....Non CA then successful businessman....Better to opt for Business...

1 Like

CA Vikas Jadon (Manager Finance) (21 Points)

Dear Anand,

Market is really bad but not that bad if you have skills and you know your work. Its not the matter of per month salary rather its about how much knowledge related to work you have.

If you are not getting any job then dont't loose hope. Invest your time to enhance your skills.

CA vinod (Chartered Accountant) (518 Points)
Replied 08 November 2012

Hi...Anand,

Don't be so negative, Qualifying CA exam alone can't give job assurance...unless u r good at  some other aspects ...mostly in communication skills.

First - improve your communication skills 

- Improve subject knowledge  

- Be aware your strengths & Weakness (Focus on your weaknesses)

- Be aware you r worth more than what you think of urself

- Don't waste your valuable time and join in a audit firm ( Whatever be the salary)

- Look at the possibilities of starting your own practice.

BE POSITIVE...BE POSITIVE

CA vinod (Chartered Accountant) (518 Points)
Replied 08 November 2012

Originally posted by : ARM

people shouldnt post such demoralizing stuff. you are begging. so sad.

CA RAJA SAHA (Dy Manager(F &A)) (321 Points)
Replied 08 November 2012

Few Jobs for CA are available in Public Sector Untertaking (PSU) but it is difficult to crack written exam for PSU.

Abhishek (Partner) (184 Points)
Replied 08 November 2012

GET Experienced of 1year in any CA firm or in manufacturing industry and at the same time sent your CV in various PLACEMENT CONSULTANCY........

Sreenath (Accounts Manager) (28 Points)
Replied 27 June 2013

Dont get depressed.
Heard you are from Kerala. You can try at Manappuram Finance (Gold Loan Company), Thrissur Dist. They are offering pretty good package for CAs. From 40 K pm & above.

Just prepare your CV in an attractive way, attend interview with full confidence.

But please never say you are ready to work for 10K. Just say as per market standards (just say 30-45K assume would be the market std, if they further insist).

Best wishes.

Sreenath(Keralite)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: