Nice lesson

Ruchi Gupta (Financial Analyst) (268 Points)

19 December 2009  
A little mouse living on a farm was looking through a crack in the wall one day and saw the farmer and his wife opening a package. The mouse was intrigued by what food the package may contain. He was > aghast to discover that it was a mouse trap. > The mouse ran to the farmyard warning everyone "there is a mouse trap > in the house, there is a mouse trap in the house." > > The chicken raised her head and said "Mr Mouse, I can tell you this > trap is a grave concern to you, but it has no consequence to me and I > cannot be bothered with it." > > The mouse turned to pig "I am so very sorry Mr Mouse, but the trap is > no concern of mine either." > > The mouse then turned to the bull, "sounds like you have a problem Mr > Mouse, but not one that concerns me." > > The mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected that no one > would help him or was concerned about his dilemma. > > He new he had to face the trap on his own. That night the sound of a > trap catching it's prey was heard throughout the house. > > The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness she > could not see that it was a venomous snake who's tail the trap had > caught. > > The snake bit the farmers wife. > > The wife caught a bad fever and the farmer knew the best way to treat > a fever was with chicken soup. The farmer took his hatchet to the > farmyard to get the soups main ingredient. The wife got sicker and > friends and neighbours came by to take turns sitting with her round > the clock. The farmer knew he had to feed them, so he butchered the > pig. The farmer's wife did not get better, in fact she died and so > many friends and family came to her funeral that the farmer had to > slaughter the bull to feed all of them. > > So the next time we hear that one of us is facing a problem and think > it does not concern or affect us, let us remember that when anyone of > us is in trouble, we are all at risk ............ ......... ......