Mvat on purchase of property

Few days back I read news in "Business Standard" about VAT calculatioin on under construction property.  It mentioned that VAT should only be calculated on remaining portion of the under construction project propery.   It mentioned some 4 or 5 stages of 100%, 90%, 85%, 55% & 0% of total VAT.

 

Is there any circular from department of revenue (MVAT)?  If yes can someone post a soft copy here?

 

 

Replies (1)

 

 

I got it govt. web site 

 

https://mahavat.gov.in/Mahavat/MyFold/DOWNLOADS/NOTIFICATIONS/KNOW_NOTIFI_MVAT/KNOW_NOTIFI_MVAT_01_29_14_6_23_51PM.pdf

 

My builder sent me VAT notice for transaction in period 2006-10.   In his letter he mentioned that the details VAt calculations cannot be given to you.  I havetoappoint some CA and he will give details of VAT only yo the CA assigned by me notto media tly.

 

As per his calculations I have topay VAT of Rs. 1.2L. For a flat of 25L (I guess 5%)..   But during registration I did ADF and paid 100% .  The stage of construction at that time was 80%.   As per this GR I am falling in forth stage and my VAT calculations are coming to be 55% of 1.2L.

 

Am I doing correct calculations?   Why CA is required for this?    Should I ignore builder's letter for VAT?

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details