Easy Office
LCI Learning

Missed december deadline for advance tax

Page no : 3

Sandeep (Founder) (43 Points)
Replied 30 December 2014

Originally posted by : Raj C Doshi
Which means you collect 1236 from client and pay the same to govt. You get your 10000 in full. Also for book - keeping and other compliances is best to hire freelancing accountant having knowledge of all things like tds, voucher making, etc.

I have got many confirmations that since the money I get from Israel based companies which have no office in India, I need not pay service tax (as I don't collect any service tax from them).

Any info on how to find such freelancers for book keeping?

CA Raj Doshi (Practising CA) (8903 Points)
Replied 30 December 2014

TDS deducted from the freelancers payments can be claimed by filing income tax return. You deposit the amount deducted to the government on their behalf. After adjusting tax payable, if there is excess tds, it is refunded back to freelancer.

Sandeep (Founder) (43 Points)
Replied 30 December 2014

Originally posted by : Raj C Doshi
TDS deducted from the freelancers payments can be claimed by filing income tax return. You deposit the amount deducted to the government on their behalf. After adjusting tax payable, if there is excess tds, it is refunded back to freelancer.

Earlier posts say that TDS need not be deducted in first year of operation. From second year onwards i need to deduct

Dhaval earlier said this:

No requirement of deduction of Tds if you we're not liable to audit in the preceding year. And in the next year it is advised to apply for TAN and start deducting Tds from the start.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: