List of Best Quick Maths Books

Vineet Patawari (Research Analyst) (63 Points)

29 September 2010  

"Mathematicians love books," said Paul Halmos in his autobiography, I Want to be a Mathematician. And it's true; we do. We like to read them, and we also like to press them on others, in the hopes that they'll come to love our subject as much as we do.

But which books should we buy? There are lots of math books out there. So it's hard to choose.
Here I am making an effort to list down some of the best books related to quick calculations, mental mathematics or speed arithmetic. These books are amazingly interesting and helpful for our day to day life calculations.

Feel free to suggest any book which you want to be included in this list. I am also putting Flipkart.com link for each book. I always order these books online to get free home delivery and to get good discounts on listed price.

List of Best Fast Calculation Books

I think each book in this list is written in very lucid language and is superb source of knowledge. These books can surely change the way you perceive mathematics, especially arithmetic. Click on the “Buy Online” link to read summary and reviews of any book in this list -

1. Vedic Mathematics - By Bharati Krsna Tirthaji -  Check Online
  2. The Trachtenberg Speed System Of Basic Mathematics - By Jakow Trachtenberg - Check Online
  3. Math Magic: The Human Calculator Shows How To Master Everyday Math Problems In Seconds - By Scott Flansburg - Check Online
  4. Miracle Math: How To Develop A Calculator In Your Head - By Harry Lorayne - Check Online
  5. Doing Simple Math in Your Head - By W. J. Howard - Check Online
  6. How To Calculate Quickly: Full Course In Speed Arithmetic - By Henry Sticker - Check Online
  7. Rapid Math Tricks And Tips: Thirty Days To Number Power - By Edward H. Julius - Check Online

If you like these suggestions please post a reply here. I am working on similar compilation for books for various competitive examinations including books on quants and logical reasoning and data interpretation.