Easy Office
LCI Learning

Letter of Indemnity required by Income Tax from Representative Assessee

Page no : 3

mayank patel (2 Points)
Replied 09 October 2021

is pension PPO order accepted has legal heir proof. 

Kuchnahi Kuch (2 Points)
Replied 22 October 2021

I need to register myself as representative, for my father as well as my mother. Lost both of them at same time. 

i have succession certificate in the name of my father, does that work for my mother as well as his wife. or shall i get succession certificate issues in her name separately. 

(Guest)

I want to file tax return on behalf of my deceased husband. My son, daughter and I are the legal heir. My son is abroad and my question is should all 3 of us sign the letter of indemnity or is it ok if only 2 of us sign it

Thanks

S A (55 Points)
Replied 10 November 2021

Besides the letter of indemnity, the website also requires an affidavit from each heir.

Is the affidavit different from the letter of indemnity?

The basic declaration to be made in the affidavit is the same that is made in letter of indemnity?

Isn't it?

J. V. Adavi (Proprietor) (87 Points)
Replied 10 November 2021

@ S A

You are right. I had the same confusion. Furthermore, I do not know the format of the legal heir affidavit. I had uploaded the registered will in place of the legal heir affidavit, since there was only one legal heir as beneficiary of the will. Now I find that if the sole legal heir logs into the income tax portal, he is given the choice of filing his own return, or filing as Legal Heir. If Legal Heir is chosen, I was surprised to find that that the page of the deceased assessee, whose Representative Assessee the Legal Heir is, opens up. It seems you can fill up the relevant ITR of the deceased assessee and file the Return (You are given the choice of filing online or offline). I have not yet completed the process of filing the Return of the deceased assessee, but am hopeful that it will go through.

Vinod Kumar (ABC) (118 Points)
Replied 10 November 2021

@ S A : attaching affidavit format I had used.

Attached File : 707242 20211110165718 affidavitsurvining.pdf downloaded: 176 times

S A (55 Points)
Replied 17 November 2021

Thank you all. I have submitted my application.

How long does it take for the tax department to accept or reject an application for representative assessee ? The website says 7 days, but is it case with all applications?

Hemendra Vyas (21 Points)
Replied 17 November 2021

It depends on your luck. For my application, they have taken almost 1 month time. For my friend, 3 months have last but still not yet completed.

S A (55 Points)
Replied 18 November 2021

Originally posted by : Hemendra Vyas
It depends on your luck. For my application, they have taken almost 1 month time. For my friend, 3 months have last but still not yet completed.

My mother's application has been accepted in three days.

For the affidavit, I just used a simple format and used the same wordings as the LoI. I just deleted the indemnity part.

Sample affidavit attached,

S A (55 Points)
Replied 18 November 2021

I attached a doc file but I am not sure why it doesn't show up in my post.

Neeta Shende (6 Points)
Replied 23 November 2021

Originally posted by : Chandra Shekhar
@ Vinod Kumar, W.r.t to the Non Judicial Stamp Paper what should be the value of the stamp paper?

Neeta Shende (6 Points)
Replied 23 November 2021

@ Vinod Kumar, W.r.t to the Non Judicial Stamp Paper what should be the value of the stamp paper?

Neeta Shende (6 Points)
Replied 23 November 2021

500/- in Maharashtra

Vinod Kumar (ABC) (118 Points)
Replied 23 November 2021

@ Neeta Shende : I used Rs. 100/- for Bond and Rs. 10/- for affidavit in Delhi . I may vary from state to state . please check with local notary/lawyer.

Originally posted by : Neeta Shende

500/- in Maharashtra

Karthik (Account) (24 Points)
Replied 24 November 2021

I bought 20 rupees stamp paper and I uploaded still pending approval

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: