Easy Office
Easy Office

Effective tips to clear Accounts, SFM and Costing exam..

Page no : 3

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 14 April 2011

Originally posted by : Anil Gopinath

"Classification of most and least relevant segment: -Take either Padhuka or scanner for this purpose. See the maximum mark topic and least mark topic. In November exam, particular topic will be more mark and never ask for May and vice versa."

I personally feel its waste of time predicting the question paper pattern and allotment of marks using scanners...if u look at the present trend , question papers are unpredictable..gone are the days where u could score marks predicting questions from a particular area..unpredictability in question papers is evident not only in one or two papers,but the entire 8 papers..There is nothing called most and least relevant segment..for the present students,its a must that entire topics are given equal importance.last time which i wrote, we were not tested much on Forex(just 8 marks),where as the scanner says 20 plus sure...May10,not a single qn was asked from portfolio..where as the scanner says 20-30 marks...i know many students who focussed more on portfolio(May10)and ended up scoring low marks.. as per scanner transfer pricing (costing) and Linear programming are sure shots for every attempt..that was proved wrong in May10 and Nov10 attempts...so in short i feel its more like commiting suicide if one plan his studies according to scanner...

This is not a waste, even if the question pattern may be not predictable. This classification is not for prediction rather a bird eye view and saving your time. If you learn the single chapter Bank audit alone, how much time you are required to learn and what is the marks asked for exam. Instead of wasting more time in such type of vast and waste segment, why cant you channelise the same in important segements. 

Even if you have good time also, may be feel burden if you are going to learn 100 % aspect of this audit segment,SA and all.

Have to work smart and have to save time. 

3 Like

(Guest)

i quoted the cases from papers like sfm and Ama...banking is indeed a big chapter i agree...see,now the examiners very well know what the mindset of students is and how they would approach a paper...thats y they are coming up with surprise elements in all papers...say leaving "so called important chapter" and including "so called least important chapter"...very soon v might be tested more on banking chapter,since institute is or may be aware of the fact that students tend to leave banking chapter....

Replied 14 April 2011

i quoted the cases from papers like sfm and Ama...banking is indeed a big chapter i agree...see,now the examiners very well know what the mindset of students is and how they would approach a paper...thats y they are coming up with surprise elements in all papers...say leaving "so called important chapter" and including "so called least important chapter"...very soon v might be tested more on banking chapter,since institute is or may be aware of the fact that students tend to leave banking chapter....

I never hope more marks will be set from the single Bank audit segement. Second the exam pattern is not predictable since have to cover. So Cover the important segement first and do the other segement later. 

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487)   (16631 Points)
Replied 14 April 2011

Nice article but can't comment much on the use of scanner .

(Guest)

My point is simple.....this being a professional exam that too at the final level,we are supposed to give equal emphasis to all topics rather than dividing the portions to so called important and unimportant..What we study especially in the finals is not just for the sake of passing exams but also to equip ouselves with necessary knowledge that every CA should possess...Studying from scanner by filtering topics,means we wont go deep into the subject in so called unimportant topics..we r spoiling our future by leaving so called unimportant topics,which may be relevant for our future..more over,the question paper setter sets his qn paper based on study material,Rtp,Sugg Answers,Ref book prescribed by Icai,practice manual and  not based on the estimations by scanner...he can ask anything from any chapter..noone can complain if 40 marks is asked from bank audit or forex or Decision making..Can he??..so its better not to divide the topics as so called important and unimportant..(I know 99% members will support only ur views..but its ok with me)

1 Like

tony matthew (CA in Practice) (611 Points)
Replied 14 April 2011

My point is simple.....this being a professional exam that too at the final level,we are supposed to give equal emphasis to all topics rather than dividing the portions to so called important and unimportant..What we study especially in the finals is not just for the sake of passing exams but also to equip ouselves with necessary knowledge that every CA should possess...Studying from scanner by filtering topics,means we wont go deep into the subject in so called unimportant topics..we r spoiling our future by leaving so called unimportant topics,which may be relevant for our future..more over,the question paper setter sets his qn paper based on study material,Rtp,Sugg Answers,Ref book prescribed by Icai,practice manual and  not based on the estimations by scanner...he can ask anything from any chapter..noone can complain if 40 marks is asked from bank audit or forex or Decision making..Can he??..so its better not to divide the topics as so called important and unimportant..(I know 99% members will support only ur views..but its ok with me)

Agreed ... 100%

Replied 15 April 2011

Portions we are dividing but not leaving, please understood this angle first. There is no selective studies suggested in the post since students must require a fair idea about all the area Sine exam questions were not predictable. So, that point , there is no issue, i hope

Second, we are already covered all the segment and in the revision stages. you just require a Push in whatever you have learned during the past 6 month or one year. What is the wrong if you classify first and start studying high contribution area first and loweest contribution area later. Still we are learning full aspect . So there is also no issue involved with this aspect.

This will not work to those who going scanners and searching scanners and do the selective studies and think that they will clear. If you meant that angle, i am too agree. Since there is no short cut. 

read the preparation part and correlate the same. 

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)
Replied 15 April 2011

Very NIce n Useful Article.

tony matthew (CA in Practice) (611 Points)
Replied 15 April 2011

Originally posted by : CA.ViVeK M ACA

Portions we are dividing but not leaving, please understood this angle first. There is no selective studies suggested in the post since students must require a fair idea about all the area Sine exam questions were not predictable. So, that point , there is no issue, i hope

Second, we are already covered all the segment and in the revision stages. you just require a Push in whatever you have learned during the past 6 month or one year. What is the wrong if you classify first and start studying high contribution area first and loweest contribution area later. Still we are learning full aspect . So there is also no issue involved with this aspect.

This will not work to those who going scanners and searching scanners and do the selective studies and think that they will clear. If you meant that angle, i am too agree. Since there is no short cut. 

read the preparation part and correlate the same. 

Ageed

This is the reason why vivek is our dearest member of CCI

Thx again. Thx for everything

... keep Guiding US ..

1 Like

(Guest)

OMG u r still sticking on with high contribution area and low contribution area(most important and least important)....Anyways both of us will not accept each other's viez..coz our views are different...and approach to exams are different....But iam Happy to hear that many friends of mine and people in CCI has stopped using scanners,which i feel is a sensible decision....

Replied 15 April 2011

OMG u r still sticking on with high contribution area and low contribution area(most important and least important)....Anyways both of us will not accept each other's viez..coz our views are different...and approach to exams are different....But iam Happy to hear that many friends of mine and people in CCI has stopped using scanners,which i feel is a sensible decision....

Dear Anil

What is the wrong with such classification, since you aleady learned during 6 month to 1 year. You are not leaving any area know

(Guest)

my point is classification should not be done...even if it is during the learning level or revision level...okie...lemme put it this way....by seggregating the topics to important and unimportant we are inviting trouble...its been proved in the last coupla attempts....u will realise that if u give a close look into the "new scheme" final qn papers...many people study only the so called imp topics the day before exam and during the major part of revision time,which proved to be a big mistake..i have quoted examples in my earlier posts..ur pt is a student is studying for the whole yr and then y he or she cant resort to classify the topics...but as far as i know for 90% of the students the most important and crucial part of studies is the last one month of revision...so at that stage a person should not be classifying the topics..instead should try to give equal emphasis to all topics...this should be the strategy for all students....

Replied 15 April 2011

Ok Boos

Aiswarya (CA Final ) (73 Points)
Replied 15 April 2011

thank yu sir!!:)

CA Yamini (CA) (981 Points)
Replied 16 April 2011

Originally posted by : simranjeet singh

outstanding and detailed analysis sir..........

keep giving such effective tips..........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: