EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Dummy articles can never outshine

Page no : 2

CA Yasaswy Sarma Veluri (Chartered Accountant) (605 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

I agree There are many rankers who had dummy articles and never shined in their career and those who have done articleship and failed in CA... 

But Shined in Career...... Sure Articles is Backbone of CA ......

But there many students who have their fathers established CA's in practice doing dummies later slowly learning and shining in Career too....

In the End it all matters on our own talent and hardwork....... Articles doesnt matter much in practice..

But Articles do matter in Industry......

2 Like

alok kumar agrawal (article) (24 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

Articleship  helps one to gain knowledge....true and accepted...but  in smaller towns u have small firms that dont have the variety of work..i mean  ROC,project report, etc....Infact articles are used just for bank concurrent audit..and just for passing enteries..nothing more than that...do u think that now articleship is better then....

1 Like

priyanka bathwal (student) (160 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

I too agree i have seen dummy students who are unable to interact in any discussion

CA Yasaswy Sarma Veluri (Chartered Accountant) (605 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

Originally posted by : alok kumar agrawal

Articleship  helps one to gain knowledge....true and accepted...but  in smaller towns u have small firms that dont have the variety of work..i mean  ROC,project report, etc....Infact articles are used just for bank concurrent audit..and just for passing enteries..nothing more than that...do u think that now articleship is better then....

Yepp . u r rite.. for example 

i have a frnd who works in town and is only doing individual returns from past few years.... they dont deal with Projects , AS , costing rather dont even follow acts....

all the dealings are don thru money... though it is a good practical exposure.. u wont learn anything techincal....

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Archit Goyal

DISAGREE

I will show u some person geting Ranks (1st also)

having dummy articleship but they worked hard henceforth

Working hard later does not matter in the end as he will have to face challenges which students below his/her rank (PCC/PE2 qualified and undergoing articleship) can face becoz of practical training. The Ranker will be spending time just being a spectator learning the basics despite being knowledgable. Also, package that he will be offered obviously won't be high at start and won't increase too soon.

The Rankers reputation will improve with time but on the shoulders of the junior articles who will take the Ranker SOON!!!....

Originally posted by : Srinath Sharma

.............. But there many students who have their fathers established CA's in practice doing dummies later slowly learning and shining in Career too....

But Articles do matter in Industry......

Well you have said in your views absolutely perfect. You have the answer. Dummies under practicing CA in relation won't be a pain for articles as they aim for corporate jobs.

Among thousands few dummies might escape, but who cares about them. Industry??? definitely not. they don't allow them to sneak at their doorsteps.

Future is about specialization. Even GMCS is now offered with 3 months residential programmes to meet industry demands. You have to be well disciplined, good speaker, interactive and specialize in at least 1-2 fields of industrial areas.

A dummy may improve his grade on part of distinguishing feature of his/her personal nature being impressive or smart but he will need to go practical training to specialize if a good package is required.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : ASHWANI KUMAR VASHIST

ok i fully agree with you dummy will not give good result for our future .articleship is backbone of ca course.i want take a advice i have worked more than 5years in various reputed ca firms as an paid accountant at senior level.i have passed MBA Finance.now i m prepring for Ca inter both groups whether i need more training or not  should i take dummy?

how much chance are caught by instuite whether a article is dummy or not? 

Institute has settled dummies to beware (in recent notification) and refrain to continue further as the Institute is always modifying rules. Besides you will risk 5 years of apprenticeship with reputed degree MBA and waste 3 years with no practical training for CA??

If you get caught you waste 3 years and land up where you started.

If you choose training you have brighter chances to begin articleship with top CA firms/corporates as you have required experience and a professional degree.

1 Like

Nitin Moudgil (~) (694 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

agree with sanjay.... i myself saw many students during interview.... they donot know how to answer questions.... some of them respond to same in cool manne (which is highly unprofessional) and think them as cool dude...

but they forgot that its a compny interview and they need to qualify it with full professionalism.... i have friends with ring in thier ears... they walk in the interview by having a though in their mind like they are looking great... but actually corporate world donot like such candidates... i use to have long hairs before my entrance to corporate world... but now short hair and simple dressing i learnt from my 3 yrs of experience... this is what professional training teaches you.... you can easily perdict who is fake and who has better understanding for corporate behaviour with just one line....

Really if you dont have professional behavioural knowledge you are not truelly CA... In an interview i was asked... "nitin you are here in last stage of this recruitment process... this defines that you have something unique in you... what you think have in you better than all other 12 members waitting outside for their turn"

I replied " sir i belive that as i have 2 yrs of experince... i can understand as what exactly are you asking... my mind is developed to that extend that i can clerify in the same way like you want me to... but some people outside may donot have that much exposure... they may answer you in rediculous way.... like if you ask them whats your highest achievemnt... they will say i bring my team win in last over of match.... but i will say i have build up FSC ppt for my company and my Bussines shand shaked hand with me and said Well Done... that was my achievement and i belive i ma far way to go"

ANd i was selected..... This is it... decide yourself

C.A Trapti varshney (CA (ranker) B.com C.S)   (125 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

HI FRIENDS,

I agree that articleship is the backbone of c.a. course.

But tell me how many of us get good training?

Around 90 percent of the articles do not get good training even though they are not dummy. think about articles in small tows. barring few metro cities i cannot find places for good articleship. This is just ruining our careers. ICAI need to take some serious steps regarding this. I have seen many colleagues whos careers are ruined due to this.

In small towns C.A.'s employ articles for their personal work. Whose fault is this?  

ICAI need to shortlist only those firms which can actually impart quality training. I too belong to a small city. I have been going articleship from last 2 yrs. but dont find myself much exposed to work. what kind of work i have done is just filing returns . My articleship is just in vain.

Hope Institute will understand our problems and expect it to take some good steps towards these practices.

2 Like

(Guest)

"The only key to success is hardwork"

DT Fundas - Tarun rustagi ( Author) (1150 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

dear sanjay u are very much right but i also agree with mayank saraogi.some ca firms does not give work to articles or you can say give some basic work like entry feeding,formatting and some audits of very closely clients which are not usefull for our knowledge.the most work is done by the paid accountant in these offices. because they are drawing rs.20000 to 30000.and ca wants to recover this money from accountants only.

in a firm a ca said to his article institute provide padhe likhe naukar in just rs.1000.what to do with these firms and transfer is banned by institute.

1 Like

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

95pc of students(genuine) are working in mid-sized firms. Out of them 90pc are having the same clerical works of ticking vouchers, typing returns,audit report and going to income tax to have the IT Return stamp. There are countless dummies in the nation. Inspite of all these; the quality of CAs going to industry has not gone down ; despite the clearant being a dummy or genuine. The reason may be the DUMMY CLEARANTS WHO ARE ABLE TO IMPRESS THE RECRUITERS LAND THEMSELVES IN PROBATION AND AFTER FEW MONTHS A PERMANENT JOB. The HR guys from companies know whom to choose for what job. CAs are not only chosen for maintaining accounts now-a-days. Plus the talented dummy student, if found potential employee by the HR guy due to his tactical skills, communication prowess; will be given training to accomodate in his new job profile. That's the reason, why all 100pc dummies aren't rejected by the Corporate world. If they were all rejected; koi paagal hi hoga jo dummy karta.

(Guest)

i agree...

Khushboo (CA Student (Final)) (131 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

Dummy's can nevr mould a simple human being into a complete Professional...!!!

But 3.5 yrs of training too is not required 2 do so...2- 2.5 yrs is enough for learning the tactics as such

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

Just decrease it to 2 years after PCC/ipcc; and increase the stipend. I am sure, dummy numbers will go down drastically.

CA Indu Rani (CA ,CS Inter,M Com) (135 Points)
Replied 21 June 2010

I totally agree with ankur

bt wht bout those who r doin trg jst  4 d sake of it & attends classes mor & evng all d days

institute shd also keep a check on it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: