Easy Office
LCI Learning

Discussion on service tax ca final - can anyone join now?

Page no : 4

Madhavi (CA - FINAL) (1342 Points)
Replied 18 September 2012

What do you understand by Centralised registration and which authority grant sthe centralised registration in ST?

Yogita (Partner) (434 Points)

Centralised Regn Means a Regn taken for all the Points / Places from where srvcs are provided. Regn for all such places taken at one place. & Regn under centralised Regn scheme is granted by the commissioner. there again the Time limit of grant of regn within 7 days is not applicable, but there is a HC judgement that the Regn should be granted by the Comm in a Reasonable time span

Hey searching a new quest to catch me ? try on Google & you may get it

no my network is slow so once logged out and loggd in . Y google, i can give from our practice manual. I think you are well versed in the subject. really very nice

on account discussions now i am able to round the books once atleast. Really nice and can u suggest me how to prepare for ST

Ok was just joking out, M not well versed but trying to gain control on the subject with the help of people like you asking good quest

i think you are also answerig from searcing gogleonly.

I am in the studying mode what can I suggest you about the books Mam

not books. in ST first i will study basics then I will study POT and after that valuation and cenvat credit that all or anything pending in the topics

Google will gv section Nos but you see all the answers are in own language.

even i am also joking, but at this moment not getting laughhhhh. can u tell me in brief what valuation in ST

1 Like

hey r u there ? Ok we will discuss tommorrow.

valuation in ST means same like Excise Valuation rules. If there is Srvc given for a Value which is not measured in Cash or say measured in both some  cash & some in Kind then the value of such services will be considered as the value as applicable for similar services, Even in a condition where the Cen Excise officer feels that the Value of the srvc given is not appropriate then he / she can reject such value & Assess such other value as deemed suitable by the officer based on the value of such similar service or say same service being given by such same person to other customer. Eg say you gv audit srvc to a client hvng an electronic store & your such client gvs you a Lap Top for some heavy discount or for free & you then charge a very small amount as your audit fees, then valus of such services will be valued on the above lines. However Valuation Rules dont apply for Import of services, There the value of servicer will be the same as the amt of payment made by the customer ( Srvc Receiver)

if I am Signing off I will Inform you, but it takes some time to draft the answer for you the way it can be understood in own words. I hope the valuation answer is correct Mam

i am sorry yogesh yesterday my network got strucked up and i am not able to send message as it is over flod mesage gave by the site.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: