Discount

If my one product Basic price is Rs.5000 and then I given discount before GST Rs.4999 means my taxable value is Rs.1 and then I charge GST @ 18% and Total invoice value comes Rs.1.18
My question is that I can do that or not, if not then explain me.

It's urgent
Replies (9)

As per section 15 (3) (a)  of the CGST act 2017  The value of supply shall not include any discount  which is given before or at the time of supply if such discount has been duly recorded in the invoice issued in respect of supply .

Thanks can u simplify in examples and simple language for quick understand
in your example,
if you recorded the dicount of 4999 on invoice then your value of supply is 1.18(inclu. gst) and you wont get itc on 4999
if I given discount then I can avail ITC
i think NO
please confirm me not I think
confirm NO
As per section 15 (3) (a) of the CGST act 2017 The value of supply shall not include any discount which is given before or at the time of supply if such discount has been duly recorded in the invoice issued in respect of supply .
On applying gst registration,it is showing pending with tax officer...wt to do?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details