EASYOFFICE

CPT RESULTS:YOUR FEELINGS AND RESULT

Page no : 3

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager) (2345 Points)
Replied 22 July 2010

Originally posted by : manali sharma
hi i am manali sharma and i will appear for cpt exam in december. i want to ask you guys who have cleared their cpt in june 2010. It would be a great advice from your part which i would really want to follow seriously so that i can also clear my cpt due in december.
1. if i slove the provided model test paper 1 and model test paper 2 , would it be of gr8 help?
2.is it true that out of acc,law,math,eco the questions of any one subject come really tuf?
3.during your time which one of them did?
i am really looking forward to your answers, please do reply as you know how much clearing cpt matters to us.
last of all CONGRATULATIONS!! to you all who cleared their cpt.

1.Ya, Do solve the model tests.You have enough time till December attempt.Almost foru months. I would also suggest you to buy and go through CPT- Scanner.

2.Nothing comes tough in CPT.Only some questions come tricky,specially in QA section.They will test your understanding of basics.Do thorough study.

Thanks for congratulating. :)

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager) (2345 Points)
Replied 22 July 2010

@ Manali

Some of the things which I followed and I feel will be of help to you..

Accounts : Questions asked are conceptual.They are easy.Both theory and practical ones are asked.In theory ones, it dont take time if u have studied thoroughly..Practical questions asked are short and to the point..

In short, complte the syllabus,practice more and more question..If u r good in  accounts, it will be ur best part in whole xam.Accounts in CPT is almost identical to syllabus of class XI and XII, except few topics... wont be a trouble if did well in XI and XII.

For Law,read the module many times..for Contract Act,it doesnot take more than 5-6 hours to complete[after understaing ],and for other two,not more than 3-4 hours each..And solve as many questions as possible,from Models,..and scanner,you will enjoy solving them..

In Economics,..quite easy facts are asked in macro..Now,we cant learn all the dates and datas,,just keep on reading them..and try to remeber the trends,like population saw decline in one decade only,which was 1911-1921,which is also known as year of great Divide for India..macro is read and relate..

Abt Micro,we have studied almost every topic in 11 and 12,it wont take much brain..go through them.Read the Consumer behaviour and Market chapter with care..many questions are framed from them.. Market Chapter is little tricky, but read with dedication, you will get it..

Abt QA,solve questions,and pay more attn to theory part in Stats.. Maths questions asked are quite easy..if u had maths in 11 and 12 , it wont create much trouble. Many questions in it can be solved by trying the options in the question,instead of solving the question.. 

Clearing CPT with very good marks is not at all a tough job, provided you are ready to work a lil harder...

1 Like

Vinayak (IPCC) (119 Points)
Replied 22 July 2010

Hi Manali,

Forgot to mention earlier, Do complete Merchantile Law paper first(generally Merchantile Law is easy - provided you have understood all sections/case laws well) later take up Accounts in the first session. 

M.Law can be finished within 30-40 minutes. Then, you will be having ample time for Accounts esp. numericals. Remember nearly 30+ questions in Accounts are conceptual and theory ones.

About taking risk of questions which you aren't sure

There may be three types of questions according to your level of study.

1. Questions for which you are 100 % sure of answers
  2. Questions which you which you know that one may be correct answer but not able to recall/answer it when you see first  time.
  3. Questions which you don't know the answer

While answering in the exam hall answer all the questions of type 1 at the beginning - it boosts your confidence to a great extent as well as saves your time.

Make sure that you jot down the type 2 question's no. in the blank place provided(in the end/beginning) wherever you feel comfortable with a pencil. After completing answering of type 1 questions go for type 2 questions and erase the question no. as soon as you answer it.

But never attempt type 3 questions .

Lets take a simple example. Suppose you answer 100 questions. If  50 questions are correct and 50 questions are wrong then

50 x 1 =  50

Less: 0.25 x 50 = 12.5

Total marks scored =  37.5

Hence, its advisable not to attempt type 3 questions.

Hope your doubts are solved by now.

Note: The above tips and advices(except the example) was guided by my Respected Teachers before exams, which helped me to cross this first leg of my professional student life.

Originally posted by : manali sharma
thanks a lot vinayak for answering. i am luking forward for some more answers from others who cleared it! but therez another ques..
is it proper in my cpt exam to take the risk of answering those questions which i feel might not be correct ? in your time did you answer only those ques.. which you knew would be hundred percent correct? as if i take too many risks it might cost my correct answers!!!!! please advice

1 Like

manali sharma (:-)) (181 Points)
Replied 23 July 2010

thanks !!! vinayak and himanshu for your advices.  what i learnt frm u guys is that there are 2 things to remeber to clear out cpt-

1.hardwork

2.techniques and tactics of answering questions.

hopefully i will clear my attempt!!!

but one things for sure ,  the techniques you followed surely made you a cpt-clearer!!!! hope i can also do my best

Nish Agr (-) (107 Points)
Replied 23 July 2010

I think one should attempt Type 3 questions as well. Close your eyes and tick random. You'll score higher marks.

eg. If all 200 are type 3, you leave all, and get 0 marks.

If all 200 are type 3, and you tick all randomly, you get more than 0.

This way: out out 200, you will get 50 correct, and 150 incorrect.

50*1 - 150*.25 = 12.5

Simple maths. 

manali sharma (:-)) (181 Points)
Replied 23 July 2010

any ways i got my answers thanks!!!

CA MANIK KUMAR (Manager ) (710 Points)
Replied 26 July 2010

MISS MANALI ANSWERING SOME QUETIONS IN CPT THAT U THINK THEY MIGHT BE INCORRECT IS QUITE FAVOURABLE . NUT THESE SHOUL BE IN A CERTAIN LIMIT.. I USED TO GO WITH AT THE MOST 25 GUESS .. EVEN IF 9 OF THEM ARE CORRECT I WOULD GAIN 5 MARKS ..... IF ALL OF THEM ARE GONE I WILL LOSE 6.25 MARKS ONLY....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: