Easy Office

Career opinion and suggestion

Page no : 2

Pooja (.) (194 Points)
Replied 27 April 2012

Thank You everybody

Pooja (.) (194 Points)
Replied 27 April 2012

K Ankit. I guess there are many friends who do have the same opinion as you dat inspite being in a listed company, they are not satisfied

Pooja (.) (194 Points)
Replied 27 April 2012

Actually was very confused with this decision. So dats y thought of taking suggestions.

Pooja (.) (194 Points)
Replied 27 April 2012

hey just wantd to ask i can join a bigger firm after say 2-3  years after working for smaller firms. Coz i guess dat will be very good for my career

CA Sachin Dubey (Auditor) (103 Points)
Replied 28 April 2012

poonam, u can pursue some of the certification courses conducted by icai in various subjects such as derivatives, international taxation, information systems audit while continuing with your work with ca firm. else u can pursue cs or cwa, since u are already a chartered u wold get exemption in few subjects. keep updating and upgrading ur knowledge. that itself will enable u to succeed. always remember patience and perseverance are the key to success

CA Ram (CA) (310 Points)
Replied 28 April 2012

poonam, u can pursue some of the certification courses conducted by icai in various subjects such as derivatives, international taxation, information systems audit while continuing with your work with ca firm. else u can pursue cs or cwa, since u are already a chartered u wold get exemption in few subjects. keep updating and upgrading ur knowledge. that itself will enable u to succeed. always remember patience and perseverance are the key to success

Ashok J (CA Final) (880 Points)
Replied 28 April 2012

Dear Mam,

If you hav plans of practice in future, joining a good CA firm for few  yrs is better...You wil be thoroughly updated....work hard to build up handful of clients....wen ur sure about getting assignments from them, resign job and start practice......

And plz tell me what is the reason for CA's not getting jobs??????????Is it sudden increase in pass% - 20% and 16% in last may and nov?????? Im worried at your question......PLZ REPLY.......

Regards

Ashok

Aashi (B.COM(H) & CA-Final) (140 Points)
Replied 28 April 2012

even i hv also d same ques...y CAs r not getting jobs??

i m afraid of my future nwsad

CA Darshak Shah (Practicing CA) (1889 Points)
Replied 30 April 2012

Hey Poonam...

Let me share my opinion..

I have recently started practice..

I am Struggling but happy as i have made my mind that 1 year will be pre-incorporation expenses in terms of money and time...

Anyways,

For you, i would suggest that,

Join a CA firm- i prefer the smaller one because you will have to answer all queries in all field when you start your practice.

Small firm Teaches you a variety of matter with little expertise,

Big Firm teaches few fields with great expertise..

Another thing,

Start making contacts and start finding and executing little little work on your own.

Generally those work which doesnt require CA sign..

(Even plan for taxes for relatives and all..File returns free of cost and let them spread your name)

Have your personal visiting card, and distribute it as much as you can..Start contacting executives-have notes of new learnings in a diary..

Keep asking and reading CCI.

Think twice before commiting duration in CA firm..

Lastly, after job-its difficult to get back into practice so keep your dream alive..

All the best yes

CA Darshak Shah (Practicing CA) (1889 Points)
Replied 30 April 2012

Originally posted by : Aashi

even i hv also d same ques...y CAs r not getting jobs??

i m afraid of my future nw

Hi..

Why to worry ?

See..Future will be based on knowledge, and expertise and talent is always valued..

In each and every field.

Go for excellence and sooner or later it will be valued.

All the best...

Tejas Shah (Deputy Manager ( Finance & Accounts ))   (211 Points)
Replied 30 April 2012

Hi

Poonam

It is recommended to join Mid size CA Firm rather than big 4's as u have plan to Start ur own practice in future.

Small or Mid Size Firm shall provide you experiance on all fronts and areas including Management of Office as opposed to Concentrated experiance in just one area in Big 4's.

Its just my frank opinion.

Best of Luck for your Future.

naseem (Accountancy) (21 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

u are doing right mam,but i suggest u that uteach ca final students ,subject which u expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: