Easy Office
LCI Learning

Can any1 please tell me if CA is equivalent to graduation.

Page no : 2

Max Payne (employed) (2569 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

Dear Soumil,

Qualification of CA is treated as equivalent to Post graduation for the purpose of doing Ph.D., but only if the candidate has completed their Graduation.

This is only from Some Indian Universities.

However, all candidates are subject to a  yardstick of securing 55% marks in one sitting, for qualifying to do Ph.D. in most Indian universities which is the same criterion for M Com as well. Both the exams cannot be equated on the same plane.

Please see

https://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=568

Please note that the info regarding qualifying marks was provided to me by a Faculty at ICAI. It is not mentioned in the post.

ICSI treats CAs as equivalents to graduates for doing CS, and exemption is given from doing the foundation program.

1 Like

Satvir Singh (Newly minted CA) (1733 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

Originally posted by :Archit Goyal
"  Friend CA Means come Again

the finest & toughest degree cum professional course

"

toughest???????????????  and finest????????????

Meenakshi.Bellad (audit assistant) (30 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

CA is a professinal qualification,some persue CA course aftetr graduation (any field) and recently many are taking up CPT. One may or may not be intrested to do regular graduation course,once they are fully committed to their professional course.CA is recognised as equivalent to PG by many universites and if you are intrested you can do Ph.D after CA.

1 Like

CA.Shaleen Srivastava (CA , CWA*, Bcom(H)) (2004 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

no

Sachin (Article Assistant) (462 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

CA toppers might be laughing at this question.

Soumil Banerjee (Chartered Accountant) (124 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

Originally posted by :Sachin Therade
" CA toppers might be laughing at this question. "

yes some people always do that..

so its better if we ignore 'em...

tell me pal, are you one of 'em as well?

1 Like

Max Payne (employed) (2569 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

Perhaps the question is misinterpreted by most people here as "whether CA is just like graduation"

Its not that easy to crack CA like graduation, but thats not the question asked by Soumil

sharanya (ca-final) (101 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

CA is a professional education.

its is not at all equal to graduation or post graduation as the graduation comes under academic studies

to qualify in CA requires huge skills and competence on the subjects and is logically studied.

CA GIRISH (Chartered Accountant) (1796 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

Lokesh (CS professional) (493 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

I am totally surprised on all those who are pursuing CA and emulating it with B.COM or M.COM.

Dear friends CA is a professional qualification and we people do B.COM just because we are not sure whether we can get through in this exam or not(because of it's difficulty level) Atleast we can sit in other competetive exams if we are graduate. This is the only reason why people do graduation along with CA.

1 Like

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

CA is Professional Course, It hav No Any Relation to Graduation/PG.

Just If There is MOU Between University and ICAI, Then Subject Wise exemption are Available,with some Conditions.

Now in Commerce Field, Today The Top Most Degree is CA..............

Dixit Jawahar (CA Finalist) (444 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

Hi All,

If CA qualifieds are equivalent to post graduates,then what is the fate of CA Inter qualified candidates and PE-II passed candidates? Their qualification is equivalent to B.com or more than that? Please clarify

Jawahar

Replied 14 December 2009

Originally posted by :Dixit Jawahar
" Hi All,
If CA qualifieds are equivalent to post graduates,then what is the fate of CA Inter qualified candidates and PE-II passed candidates? Their qualification is equivalent to B.com or more than that? Please clarify
Jawahar
"

thats it.. when i askd this qst i askd if its "equivalent" to Grads (mayb i missed P.G). there is a diff btws if its graduation and if its equivalent to that.

but if u have done ur bachelors and u pass the CA finals then u needn't do masters and still apply for Ph.D.

Replied 14 December 2009

and i think we should stay focused on our goal, one at a time. and i personally feel that doing CA along with graduation makes it more difficult, b/c as far as i am concerned the subject matters for CA course are not that difficult its just that the syllabus is huge...

rinchen (article) (40 Points)
Replied 14 December 2009

hello soumil...

look CA is v much diff frm graduation or post graduatin....

CA is a professional course, where u'll get a degree of CA.. which u willnot get after doing grd or pg courses....

while some of the university (like IGNOU)allows u to gt an admission in post graduation courses but its not same for all the universities....

i hope ur doubt is clear now...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: