Easy Office
Easy Office

CA PCC AUDIT PAPAER

Page no : 4

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 08 November 2009

Ans of 2(a) is that is that the auditor will issue qualified report as the co. has violated the rule of Co.act 1956 which allows co to make max payment of onation of either 50000 or 5% of net profits of avg of prev. 3 years whichever is greater.he has given donation of 1 lac ; which the limit is 5pc of rs 15lacs ie 75000 

Originally posted by :varun
" i guess question 2(a) kisi ko b samjh nahi aaya! "

CA RADHIKA AGARWAL (CA) (300 Points)
Replied 08 November 2009

seems to b ovrconfidnt

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 08 November 2009

Me too attemptted all the questions but at some questions like 2(b), 1(b),issue of shares at discount; As-6 disclosures ; i cudn't recollect all the imp points and write them down. i hope to get 60+.

Does the imp points to consider to consider during audit of hotel means the same as special audit of Hotel,no.

And what about the instructions given by CA to client before audit starting?

priyadharshini (Student) (40 Points)
Replied 08 November 2009

PCC audit was quite easy than any other paper on auditin in the recent times. Q 2 was little complicated for me . But Q 3 was an absolute jackpot. Also choices in the question paper was a great sense of relief for the students. It helped a lot especially in 2 marks...

But wat puzzles us is whether there would be choices in Law and other parers or not....

Jitender (Article. 2nd group cleared. 1st is on way.)   (37 Points)
Replied 08 November 2009

2day's audit paper was avg. 1st ques easy 2nd ques 1st part tough. imean wat 2 write in 8mark. ans is easy bt hw can u get 8mark in just 2mark ques. meri taraf se to 2 mark ques tha wo. n nex g/w part is also must b 2 mark. i dont kw wat paper setter is doing. c part of 6 mark. no info is provided in module abt removal b4 expiry of term. 3rd ques easy. rest ques was easy. thank u.

Vivek Mehta (CA, DISA,CS, MBA) (I am in Practice and also giving understanding and guidance to the Students of CA Final and IPCC for various subjects esp for Direct Tax.)   (1629 Points)
Replied 09 November 2009

The Paper was really nice...a 10 marks straight forwad Q on SA200 (old AAS1)

N also a q on comenting worth 8 mark was also really a superb one...

ACMA Ayan Paul (Analyst-Corporate Rating at CARE Ratings)   (284 Points)
Replied 09 November 2009

Answer to Q No 2 (a) is based on Section 293(1)(e) of Companies Act 1956 Re. 293.Restrictions on powers of Board

(1) The Board of directors of a public company, or of a private company which is a subsidiary of a public company, shall not, except with the consent of such public company or subsidiary in general meeting,-

(e) contribute, after the commencement of this Act, to charitable and other funds not directly relating to the business of the company or the welfare of its employees, any amounts the aggregate of which will, in any financial year, exceed 3[fifty thousand rupees] Rs50,000, or five per cent (5%), of its average net profits as determined in accordance with the provisions of sections 349 and 350 during the three financial years immediately preceding, whichever is greater. The board may contribute upto Rs.50,000 even if the company is incurring a loss.

In this case the company is giving donation of Rs.50,000 each for  2 charitable causes i.e. 50,000 x 2 = Rs 1,00,000

(i) Rs 50,000

Or

(ii) 5% of Last 3 years Avg Profits Rs. 15,00,000= Rs.75,000

Limit is Higher of above two= Rs75,000

But the company gave Rs.1,00,000. So the Auditor should qualify this in his report.

CA.Shaleen Srivastava (CA , CWA*, Bcom(H)) (2004 Points)
Replied 09 November 2009

easy

mudassar (ca final) (134 Points)
Replied 09 November 2009

but i dont think its part of ur syllabi question 2 a , lets see , is any one sure that was within ur pcc syllabi

Sri Ranganath Pratap Vankayala (Student) (32 Points)
Replied 09 November 2009

newayz dis tym both d papers viz.,a/cs and auditing are easier

hope the other papers also follow the same saga

Sri Ranganath Pratap Vankayala (Student) (32 Points)
Replied 09 November 2009

newayz dis tym both d papers viz.,a/cs and auditing are easier

hope the other papers also follow the same saga

lokkiboyya19 (CA Final) (188 Points)
Replied 09 November 2009

Eventhough paper was easy Q 2(a) was related in Sec 293 as well as vouching-payment controlled by The Companies Act,1956. So its not out of syllabus. But weightage matters.....

All situation questions had twists... Overall it was easy.....

Amit Mehta (Article) (25 Points)
Replied 09 November 2009

Dear Friends !

As far Question Number 7 (a) is concern , the Auditor C can not be appointed on Which grounds Please reply ...........................your replies are welcomed .

regards to All

Amit

phanindra (IFA) (121 Points)
Replied 09 November 2009

Originally posted by :Amit Mehta
" Dear Friends !
As far Question Number 7 (a) is concern , the Auditor C can not be appointed on Which grounds Please reply ...........................your replies are welcomed .
regards to All
Amit

"

Directors can appoint an auditor only in case of casual vacancy (other than resignation).. but in this case the appointment of B was not complete as he declined to be the auditor. So we can say that auditor was never been appointed and thus there is no casual vacancy (Coz casual vacancy arises only when the auditor is appointed and later ceases to be the auditor, otherthan resignation)...Thus the appointment of C is not valid...C can be appointed by only shareholders in the general meeting and not by the board..

phanindra (IFA) (121 Points)
Replied 09 November 2009

correct me if am wrong

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: