Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ask Anything on Excel, Word & Powerpoint

Page no : 4

Abhishek Agarwal (EXCEL EXPERT) (92 Points)
Replied 31 October 2008

CAUSE

This problem occurs when the workbook contains more than approximately 4,000 different combinations of cell formats. A combination is defined as a unique set of formatting elements that are applied to a cell. A combination includes all font formatting (for example: typeface, font size, italic, bold, and underline), borders (for example: location, weight, and color), cell patterns, number formatting, alignment, and cell protection.

NOTE: If two or more cells share exactly the same formatting, they use one formatting combination. However, if there are any differences in formatting between the cells, each cell uses a different combination.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this problem, simplify the formatting in the workbook. For example, the following are suggestions for simplifying formatting:
Use a standard font.

Using the same font for all cells reduces the number of formatting combinations.
If you use borders in a worksheet, use them consistently.

NOTE: If you apply a border to the right side of a cell, it is not necessary to apply a border to the left side of the cell that is to the right because the borders overlap.
If you apply patterns to the cells, remove the patterns by clicking No Color in the Patterns tab of the Format Cells dialog box.
NOTE: After you simplify or standardize the formatting in the workbook, save, close, and then reopen the workbook before you apply additional cell formatting.

MORE INFORMATION

In most cases, the limit of approximately 4,000 different formatting combinations for a single workbook is sufficient. This problem is likely to occur only when the workbook contains a large number of worksheets that use different formatting, or when a large number of cells are all formatted differently.

Originally posted by :Guest
" The excel file contains more than 20 sheets.(2.96 MB (3,104,768 bytes) Now it is showing "Too many different cell formats". Pls help asap "

Replied 31 October 2008

U can use Hyperlink Function for linking the Text Field. The only thing is that u will have to use the font type HEADER (for the text fiield to be linked) for creating a hyperlink . 

Originally posted by :Guest
" hello. i want to update or link text fields in Word but i don't want to have to lock my document or form. Is there a way around this? "

Manu Kris (Market Risk Analyst) (185 Points)
Replied 12 November 2008

What abt.. sumproduct and R1C1 referencing

abhishek (CA FINAL) (274 Points)
Replied 14 November 2008

CAN you please send an example explaining how and why Vlookup function is used.

regards.

vaibhav (CA & CS) (577 Points)
Replied 14 November 2008

hi, I want to convert figures into word. 

As and when i write figures in excel sheet it should get converted to word part

For ex: when i write 52 it should get converted to Fifty five

Thanks

Vaibhav

pardeep kumar (Accountant) (35 Points)
Replied 02 December 2008

Originally posted by :vaibhav
"

hi, I want to convert figures into word. 
As and when i write figures in excel sheet it should get converted to word part
For ex: when i write 52 it should get converted to Fifty five
Thanks

Pardeep

"

CA Sachin Gokani (finance) (30 Points)
Replied 03 January 2009

Hi

sir, can you tell me how I can find quantity from weighted avg. price in exel

i.e. if we given avg.price how we can find  quantity? any formula in exel.

CMA.Devarajan Swaminathan (ACMA) (1067 Points)
Replied 05 January 2009

For some FREE basic training on MS Office suites , you may try

https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx

Gokulesh (CA Practice ) (84 Points)
Replied 22 May 2009

Originally posted by :Abhishek Agarwal
"

Hi,
Friends u can ask me any queries on Excel . i will be more than willing to help and share knowledge in Excel , Word & Powerpoint. 
We CAs are very poor in powerpoint skills and excel charting . 
I know a lot people know a great deal about excel , but still I can add a little and also learn a lot from other guys.
As for example i have just a simple formulla to calculate weekly shares closing prices. Thou knowledge of Excel macros is good , but i prefer to use excel formullas as it easier to understand and faster to work with .

regards

CA. Abhishek Agarwal
Faridabad 

Hi ! Can you mail me power point presentation for teaching CA students for IT Trainning for MS Word & Excell

"

Arros (RM) (69 Points)
Replied 22 May 2009

I work on no. of sheets simultaneously. Some times when i try to do any editing/ formatting, then message box appearing with info of  ”Too many different cell formats"

Please advise me.

Replied 23 May 2009

CAUSE

This problem occurs when the workbook contains more than approximately 4,000 different combinations of cell formats. A combination is defined as a unique set of formatting elements that are applied to a cell. A combination includes all font formatting (for example: typeface, font size, italic, bold, and underline), borders (for example: location, weight, and color), cell patterns, number formatting, alignment, and cell protection.

NOTE: If two or more cells share exactly the same formatting, they use one formatting combination. However, if there are any differences in formatting between the cells, each cell uses a different combination.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this problem, simplify the formatting in the workbook. For example, the following are suggestions for simplifying formatting:
Use a standard font.

Using the same font for all cells reduces the number of formatting combinations.
If you use borders in a worksheet, use them consistently.

NOTE: If you apply a border to the right side of a cell, it is not necessary to apply a border to the left side of the cell that is to the right because the borders overlap.
If you apply patterns to the cells, remove the patterns by clicking No Color in the Patterns tab of the Format Cells dialog box.
NOTE: After you simplify or standardize the formatting in the workbook, save, close, and then reopen the workbook before you apply additional cell formatting.

MORE INFORMATION

In most cases, the limit of approximately 4,000 different formatting combinations for a single workbook is sufficient. This problem is likely to occur only when the workbook contains a large number of worksheets that use different formatting, or when a large number of cells are all formatted differently.

Originally posted by :Arros
" I work on no. of sheets simultaneously. Some times when i try to do any editing/ formatting, then message box appearing with info of  ”Too many different cell formats"
Please advise me.

Severe Acne Medications
fraxel

"

(Guest)

How to make animation in excel ??

Jatin Singh Negi (Country Analyst ) (505 Points)
Replied 30 June 2009

Sir tell me how we can take print of first page of every sheet in one command considering there are 230 sheets. Thanks. can you also tell me how we can get ASAP utilities.It would be highly appreciated if you send it to my mail------ jatinsinghnegi @ gmail.com .

Thanks

Nagaraju Pogula (Partner) (175 Points)
Replied 30 June 2009

Originally posted by :Jatin Singh Negi
" Sir tell me how we can take print of first page of every sheet in one command considering there are 230 sheets. Thanks. can you also tell me how we can get ASAP utilities.It would be highly appreciated if you send it to my mail------ jatinsinghnegi @ gmail.com .

Thanks
"

as far as ASAP Utilities installation click on this link and follow the steps....https://www.asap-utilities.com/download-asap-utilities.php

other wise copy the above link and paste in the address bar,  you will get destination file  to download and install the ASAP.

For further on the above you can reach us.....

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Jatin Singh Negi
" Sir tell me how we can take print of first page of every sheet in one command considering there are 230 sheets. Thanks. can you also tell me how we can get ASAP utilities.It would be highly appreciated if you send it to my mail------ jatinsinghnegi @ gmail.com .

Thanks
"

Select all sheets (right click at sheet and select all sheets)  then go to print , select page 1 and take print

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: