Application for withdrawal of epf accumulations

 

As per the EPF rules (para 69), a member may be permitted "to withdraw the full amount standing to his credit in the fund on ceasing to be an employee in any establishment to which the Act applies provided that he has not been employed in any factory or other establishment to which the Act applies for a continuous period of not less than two months immediately preceding the date on which he makes an application for withdrawal". 

If I act as follows:

1) I resign from previous job on 31/12/2012.
2) For two months I remain unemployed or take up employment in an establishment where EPF is not available or applicable.
3) I now apply for full withdrawal of my EPF accumulations by 7/3/2013 alongwith the requisite declaration that I was not employed as per para 69 for the previous two months.
4) I take up a new job, where EPF is applicable and available on 15/3/2013.

In this manner, will I have withdrawn by entire EPF accumulations legally and in conformity with the rules mandated by the EPF Scheme? Kindly advise if taking up employment for these two months, prior to making application for withdrawal of EPF accumulations, in an establishment not covered by the EPF Act, legally permitted in this case or one must be totally unemployed for the two months after resigning from the previous job and immediately preceeding the date on which he applies for withdrawal of the accumulations (which is, 7/3/2012 in my above proposed action plan)?
 
 
Replies (1)

hi

yes you can withdraw PF if you are unemployed for 2 months or working in an organisation where PF is not applicable as stated.

Thanks!!

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details