Animal companion

Ki$hor B (Training & Advisory) (3015 Points)

17 February 2012  

According to the legend, when primitive man walked out to civilization, it was the dog that accompanied him. Ever since then it has been one of the best known companions for humans. This animal companion plays a pivotal role especially when there are no siblings around.

My experience with dogs has been incredible, they have become a part of my life. These furry friends evolve with time. It is good to buy a doggie that is in the puppy stage for the owner can live the bonding for a long time. An average dog’s life spans around 10 to 14 years. This super friendly pet is known to greet others by wagging its tail.  Barring few exceptions, most wag their tales at the snap with your fingers or a vigil (the commonly used way of attracting others), such doggies are friendly in nature.

Owning a doggie isn’t as easy as building lego blocks, there are occasions when you feel timid as friends walk into to play only with the dog. Do you know these intelligent pets have a craving for ice creams (my experience)?

And enjoy the long drive just the way we do? Having them at a party or a picnic adds up to the energy levels. They give good company and one never feels lonely.

They tend to bark at the strangers but the domino’s boy is an exception.

As a school boy I envied my friends who had pets and preferred not to lock horns with them as I feared to be chased by their doggies. Their role is synonymous to a big brother!!

A dog needs to be walked daily irrespective of the weather otherwise starts pushing around the things at home.

Seldom do they put caps on the owners –accept us the way we are. This isn’t always true with friends and sometimes with parents too. Dogs have an amazing ability to gauze human mind, very well understand that there is more to the situation than meets the eye. Kids raised with dogs (or any similar pets) have a stronger immune system than an average person. Perhaps it is nature’s way to reward you for taking care of a life.

Humans, being rational thinkers, have their say – “What gain do I have with a doggie?”

Have you noticed the role of a dog squad in Indian Army? Each jawan is assigned a doggie and the combing

operations are led by dogs who sniff the path free from landmines and pave the way for the heavy metals. Isn’t this four leggie saving precious human life?

The sight of a German Shepherd & Labrador at an airport is common. Its high value in security cannot be overlooked.

Cow boys of the American continent own dogs that are known for their herding skills. A single doggie keeps the entire herd on the right track.

In a business accountant’s terminology this is the commercial application of the dog.

These lovely animals seem to possess a natural ability to grasp any local language. The few I’ve come across follow Hindi very well. The dogs too have a liking for songs (forgot to mention this in my post on music). At times, they show feet movements especially to the playing of a guitar. Doggie with headphones is a common sight.

Public transport in India isn’t pet friendly. One has to leave their animal back while on a trip. At this point of time, the vaccum created by its absence can be easily felt. 

Owning a pet does not empty the pockets much and is worth the investment. Further, training them results into a highly dependable animal. Once addicted to a pet, it becomes really difficult to shake off the habit. This cutie is hardly demanding both in terms of your time and resources.

Source: My compound owned doggies named Sheru & Moughali are my inspiration.