AIS data mismatch

Rani (None) (277 Points)

11 June 2022  

There is a mismatch in the total dividends shown in TIS. The SFT015 data is correct. However in the dividends section where  Reported/Processed/Derived value is shown, one entry of TDS/TCS (sec 194) is shown in all the three sections. So the dividend data got duplicated in Processed/Derived section. 

Sample table given below.

PART

Information descripttion

Info source

Amount descripttion

Amount

Reported

Processed

Derived

SFT

Div Income (SFT015)

ABC Company

Total Dividend

TDS/TCS

Div rcvd(sec 194)

ABC Company

Amount paid/Credited

SFT

Div Income (SFT015)

XYZ Company

Total Dividend

TDS/TCS

Div rcvd(sec 194)

XYZ Company

Amount paid/Credited

TDS/TCS

Div rcvd (sec 194)

XYZ Company

Amount paid/Credited

Now the total dividend  Reported/Processed/Derived is given  Rs.28000/-. When the SFt015 data in AIS is added the amount is Rs.20000/- and the actual amount credited in the bank account is also Rs.20000/-.

Filed a grievance in CPC site and they closed it immediately stating it should be done by AIS.

The ticket raised in compliance portal was closed within no time giving no reasons. Called the HELPDESK and spoke to a representative. He could not understand the problem.

The data given in AIS portal is correct. TO my understanding  the issue is duplication in Processed/derived value. Iam not sure how a user/Tax payer can rectify this. Not sure whether it is a technical glitch, since it happened only with one company data.

Has anyone faced similar problem? If so, how was it solved? 

If anybody know any solution please share. .

If I file ITR with actual data what would happen. If IT dept takes data from AIS without any verification , there will be a demand and I have to try to get it rectified and it would be a long process and in the current scenario I don't have much hope.

Thanks.