Easy Office
LCI Learning

Again CA Student Suisides..:-(

Page no : 5

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

Dear Kushal,

I liked your critical comment.

Many time I say to the students not to join CA even though they have passed CPT specially on Margins i.e. scoring around 50-55%. At that time they donot accept the advice and  take it as I am misguiding them.

Read my article "ONE SHOT SUCCESS IN CA" wherein I have fully exaplined about the peculiarities of CA profession.

/articles/one-shot-success-in-ca-4051.asp

Students feel themselves Genius and behave like that also. When they see the realities then start going afraid. At the beginning of the CA career as a student; they are very confidennt (over confident ?) and the moment results  are in their hands; they blame others......specially the Institute... for which they all are ready to be a member.......Don't they hear at the time of joining CA that it is a tough job to qualify as a CA ? Have you seen any Ranker who is blaming the Institute....

Students say I performed very well without knowing the standards of the Institute.

For details see my article 'SIX MONTHS IN WASTE ? NOW INVEST."

/articles/six-months-in-waste-now-invest--4490.asp

There are so many students who could not clear CA in their life. I have already narrated one case on caclubindia that 30 years back; one Gauri Shankar Soni scored Ist Rank all over India in CA Inter; but could not get success in CA Final !

The reason is clear. I can say. Go to caresults.nic.in and see the results of CA Final Old Syllabus and you would find that students score less than 40 marks in Accountancy !  On this basis they joined that we have interest in Accountancy ! Tell me haven't they passed PCC ? Then why such marks in Accountancy ? The reason is that students are not ready to read theory part of Accountancy very well. The tend to run to solve practicals. Is it true or not ?

I have seen many businessmen who closed there activities after certain years. You might have heard about some sick Textiles Mills which earned huge profits during Second World War and they started giving Bonus to their employees.  That Bonus Tradition is still continued and those sick mills like Calico of Ahmedabad......? You can accept that they earned a lot; but tell me why they failed after establishing themselves as a successful businessmen ?

When students don't update their knowledge  from the Institute's Journal and other published materials, if they don't see the latest developments; it is very difficult to IMAGINE they can pass CA.

By trial and error one  can pass but by chance.

Support from family, friends and other well-wishers is a must for a CA student. That is what I have written above. 

AT THE TIME OF DECLARTION OF THE RESULTS; 

I  STRONGLY APPEAL TO ALL THE STUDENTS, CA AND PARENTS  - 

TO BE WITH THE UNSUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES -

ALL THE TIME

FOR SOME DAYS TO AVOID SUCH INCIDENCES -

SPECIALLY WHEN SOMEONE IS

DEPRESSED !

There is a misconception among the students that by passing CA only there is a career. I have seen so many my colleagues; who were financially weak before; but earning well by doing business now. But to start business; they have to struggle a lot.  Refer the moovie "GURU" which is a true story of a Dhirubhai Ambani.

Why to forget Microsoft's Bill Gatt. What formal education he has ?

Do you know that most of CA are running their practice in  traditional areas. Why ? Because they could not upgrade themselves in the line of developments.

So Dear One,

Change the mentality that by passing only there is a Career. You might be again thinking like others that I am misguiding. But believe me; I am honestly telling all the students; go for alternatives which are easily available if you cannot "afford" time or "passion" to be a CA. 

CA.Shaleen Srivastava (CA , CWA*, Bcom(H)) (2004 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

i think that it should be removed from the site

Kanu Agarwal (PCC Student) (32 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

i m surprised that ppl r accusing that someone posted this up here 

i mean although i m just a student bt i can say that somethng like this can only let ppl nt take such decision n no ways is this more provoking for them

i mean jus look at it if u discuss it n any student thinking abt suicide reads this post will obviously be motivated for another attempt . . . .. .that ways u have done two gr8 things one is u have saved him n the other that u have given the institute a new chartered accountant

if this post can have any effect on a student reading this it can only be positive if it is discussed by ppl in a positive manner.

good work Vishnu

keep posting

Ritesh (CA Final) (326 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

Its really unfortunate to hear this news.....Remember afterall it is just a failure, not the end of world.......Even if one fails,that doesn't mean that guy is not worthy at all......Exams alone can never be the barometer for one's inteligence.....Its your's own quality that matters most....No one can snatch your qualities away from you.....Once again, very sorry to hear this news....

sachine (other) (25 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

since m from same city..  the hidden news is that.. he was in baddebt due to stock market.. he lost so much of money..  but these news paper wale and police know better

Stu (student) (295 Points)
Replied 04 February 2010

Terrible. So many other courses to go for; once you finish articles, you can always opt for other avenues and keep attempting Final. For PE-2 students also, blessing is that articles aren't going on and hence make best use of your time, as long as it doesn't clash with institute rules. Papers are corrected by humans, so if there is some idiotic human who makes stupid mistake, why should you give up your life. There's a bright future ahead for all of us.

anshul bafna (student) (522 Points)
Replied 04 February 2010

what u say about this post

/forum/bye-bye-for-forever-67050.asp

Bala (Student) (498 Points)
Replied 04 February 2010

Please remove this mess... But if one has got enough guts to commit suicide,,, he would have surely cleared the exams if he would have been alive.....

Vivek Mishra (Persuing CA) (43 Points)
Replied 04 February 2010

This post has to be removed from the site.

More & more positive discussions & thoughts are required to get success in life. Why do we need to get exposure of any kind of negativity ??

We r born to be successful, its our birth right. Cowards are free to take any decision, let us leave them & choose them their own way.

Enjoy the struggle & be ready to taste success.

CA. Ganesh Ramachandran (Asst Finance Manager) (56 Points)
Replied 04 February 2010

It is a shocking news that CA students are commiting sucide for not through with their exams. I believe CA students are more matured than any other professional students because the failures are crossing their way. I would like to suggest one thing to the CA students, never get depressed, you guys are matured and know about CA course. Every one of us will have to see the success and failure in the life. If you have flunked, take it for next time and ensure you are thru with the exam. 

Suresh M (Financial Analyst) (124 Points)
Replied 04 February 2010

I feel, it is such a stupid decision.  

No point in complaining ICAI and try to request ICAI to change policy and give more results.  

For me, ICAI should maintain such standard and student like us to take challenge and succeed in that.

We are matured and should be proud full being as a CA student and learning this kind of study which is required only our skill not money.  

+ / - always their in life but should learn how to accept and manage it........

Replied 05 February 2010

When you choose CA as your career; each one knows that it is not easy for all to continue CA in odd situations specially when one feels pressure to pass at the earliest. 

I have seen one CA who passed in 18 years and now is number one in project finance in Bikaner. One more example; who passed in 10 years and is well known in project finance with State Bank of India in Surat. 

If you pass earlier; there is still no guarantee that you will succeed in career also.

Many candidates I see who are working at Rs.15,000 pm after passing CA. 

We all agree that all students; specially CA students; should be mentally strong. 

CA curriculum; specially examination papers are designed in such a way that only those who are mentally strong can apply their mind during preparation and the examination hours. 

ASK ALL THE PEOPLE; WHICH IS THE COURSE WHERE FULL POSSIBILITIES ARE THERE TO FAIL IN THE EXAMINATION EVEN THOUGH THE STUDENT IS BRILLIANT ONE ? 

THE RESOLUTION WILL BE PASSED UNANIMOUSLY - ALL WILL SAY- CA. 

WHEN THIS IS "UNIVERSAL TRUTH" KNOWN BY ALL THEN WHY TO HIDE YOUR "FACE"; IT IS TIME TO "FACE" THE CHALLENGE. 

CAN STILL ONE CAN IMAGINE THAT STUDENT IS NOT KNOWING THIS ? THEN WHO IS RESPONSBILE FOR SUCH INCIDENCES ? TO AVOID SUCH INCIDENCES WHAT SHOULD BE DONE ?

I THINK PARENTS AND COUNCELORS CAN PLAY A GOOD ROLE TO MOTIVATE THE STUDENTS DURING THEIR STUDIES AND SHOW THEM VARIOUS OPTIONS OF CAREERS WHICH ARE OPEN IF STUDENTS FAIL.

STUDENTS SUICIDE BECAUSE THEY HAVE MISCONCEPTION THAT IF THEY FAIL; NO GOOD CAREER IS LEFT WITH THEM.

(At the time of joining they had misconception that they will pass earlier than others - thinking themselves  as Genius because they scored 90+ marks in some subjects in Standard XII).

MANY TIME I SUGGEST FAILD STUDENTS TO JOIN CS ALSO. WHATEVER A LABOUR IS MADE TOWRDS CA; IF SAME IS APPLIED FOR CS; I AM SURE STUDENTS MAY GET RANK. BUT HERE THEY ARE NOT READY TO ACCEPT THE GUIDANCE - THEIR ARGUMENT IS LIKE THIS - WE HAVE NO INTEREST IN THEORY SUBJECTS.   NO NEED TO FURTHER CONVERSATION WHEN WE SEE THE MARKS SCORED BY THEM IN PRACTICAL SUBJECTS !!

AFTER INTRODUCTION OF LLP; THERE WILL BE VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CA, CS AND ICWA.  AT CENTRAL LEVEL; CS INSTITUTE IS VERY GOOD; BUT AT CHAPTER LEVELS IT IS NOT SATISFACTORY.

BUT THE SAME SITUATIONS WERE THERE IN CA CHAPTERS THREE YEARS BEFORE- NON AVAILABILITY OF BOOKS AND STUDY MATERIALS, PUBLICATIONS OF THE INSTITUTE AND PROPER GUIDANCE.

kushal ( ) (88 Points)
Replied 05 February 2010

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA
When you choose CA as your career; each one knows that it is not easy for all to continue CA in odd situations specially when one feels pressure to pass at the earliest. 

I have seen one CA who passed in 18 years and now is number one in project finance in Bikaner. One more example; who passed in 10 years and is well known in project finance with State Bank of India in Surat. 

If you pass earlier; there is still no guarantee that you will succeed in career also.

Many candidates I see who are working at Rs.15,000 pm after passing CA. 

We all agree that all students; specially CA students; should be mentally strong. 

CA curriculum; specially examination papers are designed in such a way that only those who are mentally strong can apply their mind during preparation and the examination hours. 

ASK ALL THE PEOPLE; WHICH IS THE COURSE WHERE FULL POSSIBILITIES ARE THERE TO FAIL IN THE EXAMINATION EVEN THOUGH THE STUDENT IS BRILLIANT ONE ? 

THE RESOLUTION WILL BE PASSED UNANIMOUSLY - ALL WILL SAY- CA. 

WHEN THIS IS "UNIVERSAL TRUTH" KNOWN BY ALL THEN WHY TO HIDE YOUR "FACE"; IT IS TIME TO "FACE" THE CHALLENGE. 
CAN STILL ONE CAN IMAGINE THAT STUDENT IS NOT KNOWING THIS ? THEN WHO IS RESPONSBILE FOR SUCH INCIDENCES ? TO AVOID SUCH INCIDENCES WHAT SHOULD BE DONE ?

I THINK PARENTS AND COUNCELORS CAN PLAY A GOOD ROLE TO MOTIVATE THE STUDENTS DURING THEIR STUDIES AND SHOW THEM VARIOUS OPTIONS OF CAREERS WHICH ARE OPEN IF STUDENTS FAIL.

STUDENTS SUICIDE BECAUSE THEY HAVE MISCONCEPTION THAT IF THEY FAIL; NO GOOD CAREER IS LEFT WITH THEM.

(At the time of joining they had misconception that they will pass earlier than others - thinking themselves  as Genius because they scored 90+ marks in some subjects in Standard XII).

MANY TIME I SUGGEST FAILD STUDENTS TO JOIN CS ALSO. WHATEVER A LABOUR IS MADE TOWRDS CA; IF SAME IS APPLIED FOR CS; I AM SURE STUDENTS MAY GET RANK. BUT HERE THEY ARE NOT READY TO ACCEPT THE GUIDANCE - THEIR ARGUMENT IS LIKE THIS - WE HAVE NO INTEREST IN THEORY SUBJECTS.   NO NEED TO FURTHER CONVERSATION WHEN WE SEE THE MARKS SCORED BY THEM IN PRACTICAL SUBJECTS !!

AFTER INTRODUCTION OF LLP; THERE WILL BE VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CA, CS AND ICWA.  AT CENTRAL LEVEL; CS INSTITUTE IS VERY GOOD; BUT AT CHAPTER LEVELS IT IS NOT SATISFACTORY.

BUT THE SAME SITUATIONS WERE THERE IN CA CHAPTERS THREE YEARS BEFORE- NON AVAILABILITY OF BOOKS AND STUDY MATERIALS, PUBLICATIONS OF THE INSTITUTE AND PROPER GUIDANCE.

You are Great Rakhecha sir  THANKS A LOT for above post. This is best stuff i ever read in this discussion and I want to say sorry for my critical comments I don't mean to insult you but there are some questions which sholud be answered (at least for me) thats why i asked them. Sorry Again. bye

Replied 08 February 2010

Dear Kushal,

You need not say sorry for your critical comment. I like critical comments because it sharpen our skills if we take it positive.

When we discuss about "suicide" which is NOT DESIRED AT ALL, then surely emotions are there if someone wellknown OR unknown (both are equally important because they belong to our society) has committed such suicide.

Although when we go to hospitals; we see that patients don't wish to die; whatever critical situation is there. That shows  us the 'value' of life. (It also shows us that we should do all the good deeds till we can do). 

Students suicide because most of them are not having TRUE FRIENDS !  I have seen many CA Students who remain nervous all the time ! Unfortunately, I cannot do anything for them except to give them some advice. I find myself helpless when I see like this.

So Dear Kushal; be happy all the time. I think you already have tension of your studies. With the help of good friends; solve your problems through discussion.

Wish u all the success in your life.

Divya Doshi (C.A.) (74 Points)
Replied 08 February 2010

please also mention the state of mind his(Devesh Bhandari's) parents r in....then i am sure who ever thinks of committing such sense less act  wud atleast remember wat their parents wud feel after they do it...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: