Easy Office
LCI Learning

Action on DUmmy articleship !!!!!!!

Page no : 3

Majhar Khan (student) (62 Points)
Replied 01 July 2008

ya 2 some extent u r rite........ but if our principal wil b frendly .it wudnt have been a big prob.....pro arises due to exploitation of articles.............. anyway nice topic to be raised of.....tyhanx

Late CA Sampat Jain (Chartered Accountant) (4772 Points)
Replied 01 July 2008

WE ARE PROUD OF ICAI..............ANYBODY DOING DUMMY OR ALLOWING DUMMY  IS  UNDERMINING ICAI , OUR GREAT INSTITUTE..................SUCH CASES SHOULD BE REPORTED TO ICAI AND ACTION TAKEN

Majhar Khan (student) (62 Points)
Replied 01 July 2008

gud 4 discussion............................

adnan (Article) (241 Points)
Replied 01 July 2008

practsing member of icai are so poor in ettiquettes paranoid nature they think article are born to exploit in my opinion STUPID CURRICULUM OF ICAI IS BEST ONLY FOR THOSE WHO CAN GET DUMMY ARTICLSHIP VERY EASILY SO OUR INSTIUTE SHOULD TAKE SERIOUS ACTION TOWARDS IT

rajesh (student) (32 Points)
Replied 01 July 2008

i fully agreee wit u.i really hearts students like us who are doing ther artticles seriously.institiute must take any action to cope with this situation

P.S.Nageshwar.Rao (Student) (20 Points)
Replied 01 July 2008

Ultimately what is important is passing exams.if u pass exam later u can think on work.What u do is repititive work which can be learnt  in one yr itself.if u loose attempts u are wasting time.The time a person waste in giving 2 or 3 attempts dummy students  can gains experience in the same time if he clears early.Big companies prefer  first attempt candidates and they are paid hefty packages.Its difficult (although not impossible)to pass in first attempt along with articleship.

I do agree that the canditates who do geniuine articleship suffers as he gets less time as compared to dummy students.I could not get time to study with articleship.Now i have already given 2 attempts yet to clear.My dummy friends already placed with big companies.So u can understand what is more important.

Rahul Anand Arora (Chartered Accountant) (329 Points)
Replied 01 July 2008

I also agree without having practical knowledge one has to face lot of problems when he comes in the industry. I think theoritical & practical knowledge go hand in hand. Both are equally important. I personally feel that this problem of Dummy articleship started with the introduction of new course because earliar articleship was after PE-II. i think ICAI should consider to remove the articleship before PCC and instead 3.5 years of articleship after PCC. Considering this, many students facing problem and the issue of dummy articleship shall be resolved. Moreover CPT students have almost negligiable knowledge as compare to PCC/PE-II students. So students having cleared their PCC will enjoy their articleship to see whatever they learnt theoritically.And there are many problems which may be resolved if ICAI consider about this. Moreover the principal also faces problems dealing with CPT articles due to theoritical knowledge. For e.g If a Principal ask his article to prepare a TAX return Computation. if this is CPT article he hasn't read Income Tax Act, he feels like how to do the whole procedure and the principal have to teach him from the basics. But he can't teach each and every time to each article and moreover CPT articles are not serious(matured).

While PCC/PE-II articles are matured and have Theoritical knowledge so he can easily handle the situation.

Please leave your comments regarding this.

varun (C A student) (65 Points)
Replied 01 July 2008

i m agreed with manjula. The one who works as an article clerk along acquire more skills and dummies get nothing than degree. Skills u can never be ignore ie Time management, interpersonal skills. One acquire almost every skills a manager possess. One become a professional in true meaning. Though its frustating for guys abt failure in exams results, one cant get classes etc. But remember Institute Moto "Those who work when others are sleeping". Our hard work at article training will pay off as we get the degree as Market doesn't pay for the degree it pays for the skills.

A dummy can b a CA but can't get the work done from the others. One of the important managerial principle, as he himslf don no how to do. Remember the line of a famous movie "If the life is b*tch, ill slap it and make the way"

angshuman (ca final) (177 Points)
Replied 02 July 2008

hey guys, article training is 3 long long years.......it should b cut to 1 &1/2 years. then everybody'll b interested in doin???

har_999 (MBA) (237 Points)
Replied 02 July 2008

ICAI should yake auction of Dummy Article students..

Also the duration of articleship should be reduced to only 2yrs

har_999 (MBA) (237 Points)
Replied 02 July 2008

Dear friends

First  of all STOP  bugging about DUMMY ARTICESHIP ....

See things from new angle. In my view, the root cause of this increasing menace of dummy articeship was born out of illogical, irrational, obsolete..... thinking of ICAI's Training system. Just refer to some imp. comments made to this thread by Bhar(guest), Amit pandya, Mohini shenoy, Sanjay.......all this clearly reflects the drawbacks of CA articleship.... I am not against Articeship, but it is high that ICAI needs to reassess there training system intune with rapaidly changing business environment.

Who likes to slog 3yrs / 3.5 yrs of articeship working for  peanuts ????

The duration of articleship should be different for those who opt for Practice and Employment.

increasing the no of leaves allowed for exams, appropriate working hours, increase in renumeration etc..

CA Thomas Raju Paravada (Chartered Accountant) (570 Points)
Replied 02 July 2008

Nothing to worry about them. The Students who take dummy surely suffer.

Saurabh Aggarwal (None) (105 Points)
Replied 02 July 2008

I think there is no substitute for articleship and dummy has never been good for chartereds. No matter u r doing ur articleship from any kind of firm, the main thing is you learn how to handle the people and how to get the work done.

The leaves allowed by the institute is sufficient for preparing the exams, i.e. 135 days provided article is not wasting his leaves in starting and utilising all of them at the time of CA Final exams.

Replied 02 July 2008

I think there is no substitute for articleship and dummy has never been good for chartereds. No matter u r doing ur articleship from any kind of firm, the main thing is you learn how to handle the people and how to get the work done.

The leaves allowed by the institute is sufficient for preparing the exams, i.e. 135 days provided article is not wasting his leaves in starting and utilising all of them at the time of CA Final exams.

Institute must take action against the students who are

Replied 02 July 2008

Institute must take action against the students who are taking dummy and principals who are providing dummy to bring a uniformity among the students.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: