Easy Office
LCI Learning

Cancellation of gst invoice

Page no : 3

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (127187 Points)
Replied 24 July 2017

@ Navin
Tax Invoice....
1 Like

Navin Agarwal (354 Points)
Replied 24 July 2017

if unregistered sells goods to registered trader than bill of supply??

Dip Narayan (Deputy Manager) (767 Points)
Replied 25 July 2017

Dear Sir,

It is clear to me.

1 Like

sanjeev kumar goel (Advocate) (260 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

@ Navin Agarwal ji for registered dealers in GST there is only Tax Invoice to be issued either to sale to Registered dealer or to Unregistered dealer and in the case of Sale by Unregistered dealers then Bill of Supply will be issued either to sale to Registered dealer or to Unregistered dealer.

1 Like

Navin Agarwal (354 Points)
Replied 26 July 2017

now perfectly cleared sir ...😃😃

Sharath (service incharge) (23 Points)
Replied 27 September 2017

Can we cancel a GST invoice of jully in september month , due some problem invoice has reached buyer on september month kindly help

Replied 27 September 2017

It is not recommended . As GST return has already been submitted.It is better to deal the matter with DEBIT/CREDIT note.

sumit (article assistant) (24 Points)
Replied 18 November 2017

Dear Sir,

we are a consulting agency. In august our one candidate join one of our client but after a few days he drop the job due to some reason we got to know that fact after 2 months. We have raised the invoice in august to the client but we have not received any payment from client and client is no accapting the invoice because he is not received any service from us ...we have already paid gst on that invoice at the time of GSTR-3B  ......now what is the treatment of that invoice in GSTR-1......can we cancel that invoice ....

Thanks in advance

Replied 23 November 2017

Raisethe credit note . Cancellation is not recommended in this scenario.

Rajesh Karia (114 Points)
Replied 17 April 2018

We had raised one Sales Invoice on 30/03/2018, The buyer did not accept the goods due to some dispute & also did not issue any Debit Note.Since the mtrl was lying ideal, the transporter has also brought back the material to our destination. We came to know about this issue in 2nd week of April.

Since we have not yet filed March returns for GSTR3B & GSTR1 can we cancel the Invoice?

Replied 18 April 2018

Take back the materil as sales retrun and raise "Credit note" .

Canelletion is not recommended. Pl consider e_waybill factor while taking back the material.

Replied 19 April 2018

Dear Dip Narayan you can cancel the invoice but if you had dispatched the goods to the consignor and there is E-way bill mandatory and you had issued E-way bil then its not possible to cancel the invoice.  In such situation you have to cancel teh E-way bill also but in this case as you have mentioned that there is only 5 mnts gap between two invices then I think no E-way bill has been generated by you for wrong invoice so you can cancel the wrong invoice and there is no penalty in cancellation of invoice but you have to proov the reason of cancellation whenever asked by the department.

1 Like

Replied 19 April 2018

Dear Dip Narayan you can cancel the invoice but if you had dispatched the goods to the consignor and there is E-way bill mandatory and you had issued E-way bil then its not possible to cancel the invoice.  In such situation you have to cancel teh E-way bill also but in this case as you have mentioned that there is only 5 mnts gap between two invices then I think no E-way bill has been generated by you for wrong invoice so you can cancel the wrong invoice and there is no penalty in cancellation of invoice but you have to proov the reason of cancellation whenever asked by the department.

kapil Kumar (ACCOUNTANT) (22 Points)
Replied 03 August 2018

I have filled b2c large instead of b2b . Now , How can i rectify this.. please help me.... 

Parth (Accounts) (24 Points)
Replied 01 November 2018

Sir, We have given consultancy service to a customer.

We sent the invoice in september and payment need to be made in 15 days, but it was not made.

for this month gst filing our accountant advised to cancel this invoice before filing.

is this fine or we need to make payment and then issue credit note.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: