Easy Office
LCI Learning

Cancellation of gst invoice

Page no : 2

RAMESH POLINENI (ca) (352 Points)
Replied 22 July 2017

we can cancel and issue new invoice but you must clarify in your  GSTR 1 report cancellation of OLd invoice and issue of new invoice and the new invoice should be in the place of old invoice only

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (127187 Points)
Replied 22 July 2017

Simple Way as,
Discuss to your Customers / Supplier Change invoices before Return. After return it's not available. After implement of E-Way Bill no way for changes.....

Ravinder (Independent ) (82 Points)
Replied 22 July 2017

Sir......increment of corruption in bureucracy...!!

Mohammed Karjatwala (Professional Accountant)   (53 Points)
Replied 22 July 2017

If the invoice is rectified before it has been uploaded, there should not be any problem. I presume the goverment portal for uploading invoices is yet to be online.

1 Like

Replied 22 July 2017

Originally posted by : Mohammed Karjatwala
If the invoice is rectified before it has been uploaded, there should not be any problem. I presume the goverment portal for uploading invoices is yet to be online.

Don't upload invoices. Just upload invoice details....

Mohammed Karjatwala (Professional Accountant)   (53 Points)
Replied 22 July 2017

What I mean by uploading invoices, is in the format of GST R1 as prescribed by the law.

1 Like

Replied 22 July 2017

Yes I agreed Mr. Mohammed....

Some Assessees is wrongly mentioned as 'uploading invoices'

ishvar (service) (29 Points)
Replied 23 July 2017

What I understood is If wrong invoice prepared it can be cancelled if material not dispatched Once material dispatch (way bill will track everything in future) it's advisable to speak with purchase and settle the transaction with credit note / debit note Pls share your pov

Replied 23 July 2017

@ Ishvar.,
You are exactly correct...

Dip Narayan (Deputy Manager) (767 Points)
Replied 23 July 2017

As of now there is no e_waybill under GST server . yes I understand that after generation of e_waybill it will be complicated to cancel the invoice hence it should be settlled by credit note from the source of supply.

1 Like

Replied 23 July 2017

Yes...

Good understanding Mr.Dip Narayan....

Navin Agarwal (354 Points)
Replied 24 July 2017

have u guys already passed ca....bcoz looking at ur doubts and solutions I m not able to make out anything....I m just cpt passed till now...

sanjeev kumar goel (Advocate) (260 Points)
Replied 24 July 2017

Dear Mr Dip Narayan, if there is any mistake in invoice and it has been noticed before dispatch of material, you can cancel the invoice and raise a new invoice. If the mistake in invoice comes in knowledge after dispatch of material or after the receipent has received the goods then you can raise a supplementary invoice or Credit / Debit Note, as the case may be, and that too with out any penalty but you have to mention these invoices in your GST returns.

2 Like

Replied 24 July 2017

now I got it....and what about u dip Narayan??

Replied 24 July 2017

Sir if registered trader sells goods to unregistered one...then bill of supply will be issued or tax invoice and vice a versa

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: