Worng deductor type in tds return

CA. S. Balasubramanian (Chartered Accountant) (192 Points)

01 January 2012  

I have filed tds return for a management school. while verifying TAN in incometax website, the deductor type is AOP.  Then i put the deductory type is "Others" (in 2007-08 there are only two type of Deductors one is Government and other is Others).

A mistake has been made in filling the coloum of 24Q. BSR Code and Challan number have been filed up and the section is marked as 92 B eventhough the teachers were receiving the salary from state government. The return was accepted by TIN at that time by admiting this mistake.

Now the incometax departement issues a notice of short payment of TDS in respect of the amount deducted as the BSR Code and Challan no does not exist in OLTAS.(In peresent system, the TIN will not accept the return if the BSR code and Challan no is worng)

I try to make correction statement on the basis of fvu file, the programme does not allow to change the deductor type as STate Government instead of Others. The departement officials forces to pay the demand immediately. How to change the deductor type to State Government. Is there any physical remady.