Won the best answer - benefits for enrolling for cisa

Nikhil Kaushik (Fellow CA) (85637 Points)

26 November 2013  

Just got call from CAClubIndia - My answer got selected as the Best answer for the "What are the Benefits of enrolling for CISA"

My First Award/Prize at the Club

Thanks CA Club Team for the Prize  - CISA Online Classes Worth Rs 11,999/-

My Answer

"

Answering it from the Indian perspective, in past two decades Indian economy has gone through a tectonic shift from being a bulky slow moving manufacturing based economy to a rapidly growing service sector based industry.

So from a PSU based economy, now we have a fast moving MNC (both home-grown and foreign) based economy which runs completely on Information Technology based platforms. IT and ITES itself is one of the largest contributor to the exports and foreigne exchange earnings. Boom in sectors like telecom, aviation, education etc has further contributed to the growth of IT and ITES sectors. Not only this, today even the manufacturing sector is largely driven by ERP systems.

In addition to the above, even the government sector has gone into an overdrive to adopt Information Technology based platforms for most of its activities. So right from Driving Licence, Aadhar Card, Income tax returns, excise/VAT/service tax, etc etc etc, every thing is IT based!!

What this has resulted in is a complete change in the way we do business and record business transactions. No more big accounting ledgers running into thousands of pages!!! And this is where the opportunity for a person with CISA qualification. With ever increasing dependence on IT based platforms to do business, a CISA qualification has become invaluable to an auditor. It offers, as a part of the traditional practice, a better understanding of the clients' businesses, a better control over the auditing processes and proper opinion formation. In additon, itself, it offers a standalone practice of system audits - an area with humungous potential with an equal dearth on the supply side. For any CISA qualified auditor, there is a large market waiting to be served.

Therefore, it is the right time to enrol for CISA - for both the traditional auditors to expand their base and for the novice to open for themselves a new world. Regards

Nikhil Kaushik

Read more at: /forum/-271411.asp#.UpQ-3SeKK9h