Window rebooting

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)

05 March 2012  

Hi everyone , I found this information really useful so thought  to share, Hopefully , will be usefulangel......

Shutting a Windows  computer all the way down and then rebooting can cure many computer problems. When you reboot, Windows goes through several self-repair proceses that really can make a difference. But if you leave the computer on all the time (even if it's sleeping or hibernating), the computer never gets a chance to do this cleanup process.

With that important warning, here's how to make Vista reboot automatically overnight:

There is also same setting in window 7 too. have done the same in my lappy . I don’t know about XP. Quite easy processcool

• Make sure your user account has a password.
    1. You can run scheduled tasks only for accounts with passwords.
  • Choose Start→All Programs→Accessories→System Tools→Task Scheduler.
    1. Click on user account control and vista will show you task Scheduler.

·On the right, under Actions, click the Create Task link.

·In the box marked Name, type a name for the restarting job. i.e. window restart .

·Under Security Options, select the button marked Run Only When User Is Logged On. :- it will not run when it is in sleep mode.

·Check the box marked Run with Highest Privileges. Click the Triggers tab. At the lower left, click New

·Under Settings, click Daily. For a Start time, choose a time when you’re not likely to be using the computer. Click OK.

·Click the Actions tab. At the lower left, click New.

·In the Program/Script box, type shutdown, and in the Add Arguments (Optional) box, type /g /c "Rebooting the computer" and then click OK. Make sure you type the words as it is and space after c.

·Click the Conditions tab. If you keep your computer plugged in all the time, check the box marked Wake the Computer to Run This Task. Click OK.You can choose power and battery options as according to your laptop.

·Type your current password into the box and click OK.

·Close out of the Task Scheduler and restart your computer.

Regards

Renu