Easy Office
Easy Office

Who will pay for the loss ? help

Page no : 2

Nirmal (CA-FInal) (280 Points)
Replied 19 June 2012

Ya ,I Agree with Gokul,because 55000 is CP for Y not selling price,we need to find SP..B-68750

1 Like

Tejaswi Kasturi (student-cpt) (427 Points)
Replied 19 June 2012

Answer is C But incase C turns insolvent or is unable to pay the money for anyother reason, then B should pay A from his own money and the property of goods stays with A. ( If C didn't lose the watch and returned it to B in reasonable time who returned it to A, A is bound to accept the watch, as he sent it on sale on approval basis. )

1 Like

Vivek Daga (.) (48 Points)
Replied 19 June 2012

Generally, the basic thing behind an objective que. is the LOGIC attached to it.
However, in some cases, it is the teacher, who makes the questions, who only knows the correct answer, which all the students can't get.
We can only guess because there are different point of views of solving a single question.

It is only luck that we have referred to the correct point of view.

I feel the answer to the que, of Law is C), according to the concept that there are 3 conditions according to Section 24 of Sales of Goods Act, which means implied sale. Since C has lost the good, he wont be able to return it within reasonable time to B, who inturn would not be able to return to A.

However, the questioner may be asking that from whom A will demand the good, or he may be asking about the overall case, which is beyond the knowledge.

Well, further exams are subjective in which we can express our views by giving a note about our assumption.

I feel the point of TEJASWI perfect.

1 Like

Gaurav Mohnani (OWNER) (536 Points)
Replied 19 June 2012

Thanksssss

Ali Raza (Student : CA - IPCC ) (163 Points)
Replied 19 June 2012

The answer is B.

Ali Raza (Student : CA - IPCC ) (163 Points)
Replied 19 June 2012

Yes the answer of consignment is 68750.

50000+5000(10 % of cost)= 55000

55000+ 13750 (20% of S.P / 25% of COST) = 68750

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: