Which profession to opt for?

Deblina Nandi Roy (Chartered Accountant) (84 Points)

25 April 2011  

Hi I am Deblina Mitra. I have passed my CS final Examinations in June 2010. From October 2010 i have joined a Public Limited (Not Listed ) co, rather an MNC as a management trainee for the post of Company Secretary. I am also in the final course of CA exams. I have cleared 1st group of CA Final exams, and will sit for the 2nd group this May 2011.

I am confused whether starting my career as a CS will be better or as a CA after i clear. Coz in case of CS, I will have to undergo a 15 months management training period which can be done only in the companies registered with the ICSI. The Company I am currently working is not registered under ICSI, neither does it have a secretarial department being headed by a Qlfd Company Secretary. In that case my working here ( already completed 6 months) will not be granted for issue of membership no. Since this company is converting into a private limited co, i dont think they would want to register with the ICSI or want a CS for that matter, since compliance matters would reduce a lot, which they can get done by a practising CS. Hence my work exp here will be of no use.

In that case, do I shift to a registered co. with the ICSI and take up training there for getting a memb. no. or wait for my CA results and sit for campusing and start career as a CA?

Looking for a speedy reply. Thanks in advance.