Easy Office
LCI Learning

Where is CA profession going?

Page no : 2

Bhaavna (Queen ) (1933 Points)
Replied 15 July 2013

To gather clients is major task, after having minumum number of clients, many auditors in my town (May be most of the practiced CAs) start Chit business and other finance business. This type of buisiness enlarges the client base as clients could get funding from their Auditors whom they trust. The increase in the financial position of client base through funding to their business again will increase the work of auditor

Maintaining employes also matters.

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 15 July 2013

Originally posted by : Mukul

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA
WHERE IS OUR PROFESSION GOING?
.out of 100
         CA students
                     are INTERESTED in JOB.
.1. Whether "our" CA profession was "originally" designed to engage in a job?
2. What are the reasons behind such "attitude" of the mass?
3. Why analytical power is missing in the majority of the students?
4. Whether articleship training is unique across India?
5. Whether the mass is "grasping" the MESSAGE "conveyed" by the President from time to time?

( Many may ask : which message) ?
Please share your views.

I think many prefer to go for job because (95 out of 100 ) senior members who didnot go for job and chose to practice leaving no scope for youngsters to enter into practice field.
If at all he dares to enter into practice soon he will find himself on road since He wont be getting enough assignment, eventually family will throw him out.

Some students are having great analytical power, but who will dare to sponsor them???

Very true. The situation is alarming for CA profession as I have conveyed many times at caclub in different manners.

Please read my all comments (don't focus only on single post which you have picked up) and some of the articles highlighting the issues.

Looking to your scorecard (at present 114) ; I presume that you have just entered in the caclub and/or if joined earlier; you are not active at this club.  I request you to update your own profile name suitably. Professional identity is a must to make a bright career.

Mukul -/\-(-/\- [ Scorecard : 114]

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?quote=1202918&mod_id=256580&offset=2#reply

A CA needs active participation in each and every area due to vast coverage of syllabus. By the grace of God; now-a-days; one can have conversation with his professional colleagues despite residing in remote areas.

If you are good in any of the area; you need not SERVE someone for a long time. Initially you may have to do so; but not permanently.

( Still if majority think they are right...no problem....

In professional course like CA....the majority is of failure....in exams only 20-25% result..enlightened

the prevalent situation in job market is also  proving that).devil

If we do a job in a particular way only; we will find the same result for 100 times.

It means we have to change the strategy.  A strategy which is not WORKING WELL; has to be changed.

CA Nitin K. Varshney (FCA DISA CCA Peer Reviewer (ICAI))   (606 Points)
Replied 15 July 2013

I am a practicing CA and practicing with one of the leading CA firm of my town. From my point of view feeling of being a CA comes when you are practicing, otherwise its jst like a normal accountant. chartered is being separated from it. 

in my study days, i always thought about opening my office for practice. Its grt feeling to be a Practicing CA and when people greets u in d market when u r outside, its a grt feeling bro, everybody must feel it. It can only happen in practice.

Again I wanna give u one more point, u can utilize ur skills only in practice very well. Here u can open ur feather as much as u think and ready to do. the proper utilisation of a CA's mind can only be here.

For me practice is far better than job, if u have patience and want proper utilization of ur mind and want to fly freely in the sky of success..............................

2 Like

CA JIMI S PATEL (ACCOUNT INCHARGE - GUJARAT REGION)   (98 Points)
Replied 15 July 2013

Sir , I am recently  qualified chartered accountant . I also want to start my own practise but I dont understand in waht way I can get some assignments . our institute has not allowed advertisement in any manner . I dont have any great network. Being a CA , Is it fair to ask someone to give me a work? What other person think after being CA he is a roaming for work like anything and asking please give me some work if you have? Do you not think that it ruin our professional values and independence ? Even if after geting some work through ref  do you think that we can maintain our indepedence ? These are the some serious issues that i face so that despite burning desire for practice  i opt for job .

Please suggest some ways to get assignment in early period of practice.  

1 Like

Replied 15 July 2013

Originally posted by : CA JIMI S PATEL

Sir , I am recently  qualified chartered accountant . I also want to start my own practise but I dont understand in waht way I can get some assignments . our institute has not allowed advertisement in any manner . I dont have any great network. Being a CA , Is it fair to ask someone to give me a work? What other person think after being CA he is a roaming for work like anything and asking please give me some work if you have? Do you not think that it ruin our professional values and independence ? Even if after geting some work through ref  do you think that we can maintain our indepedence ? These are the some serious issues that i face so that despite burning desire for practice  i opt for job .

Please suggest some ways to get assignment in early period of practice.  

Your problems can be solved if you follow CA Nitin Varshney....a post just before you have posted.

If you don't have your own network; you have to create by meeting more people, attending seminars, social sites and so on.

During this process; you may write articles and/or share your knowledge through some professional sites to make your professional identity.

Replied 16 July 2013

Originally posted by : Indian

It appears like someone is expert in pointing others but when someone points them with rational questions they are answerless

Please re-examine your queries about its rationality.....yes...RE-EXAMINE.

and request you to show your own REAL IDENTITY.

It shows Indian-Ek tha Rahul (which means someone was there in the "past)" 

The reality is - he is living, hiding himself (due to known or unkown facts).

You could not grasp the "intention" of the post. I am trying to motivate the students and fresh CAs for their own profession. There is no compulsion to follow. 

Before raising queries; show your identity and work which you are performing till now.

See one of the post where one CA has expressed his happiness how he has managed to be in practice. (Proved that 95 are interested in job and only 5 percent are interested in practice).

Thus it is established that very few are ready to ENJOY the fruits of practice....and others are happy to be in SERVICE.

Now don't say it is  COMPULSION because no work is there.

If you don't have that vision and patience; first of all read my articles the link of which I have given in this thread......

PS : Show your identity and type of work which you have "selected" by joining a firm.

(It was also your decision; nobody compelled you to join).

Also write for how many hours are you ready to work in a day.  It will decide the quality of your life

( not career - career is just a part of life on which may agree or you may not ). 

For students; career is life but at a later stage; you will realize that career is just a part of life.

Don't "catch" words; try to find the "soul" behind the words.

PS : Hope now you are ready to show your "real identity."

My intention is not to discourage students but to encourage to be in practice.

M. N. JHA (CA) (8316 Points)
Replied 17 July 2013

/forum/blaming-icai-for-highest-of-results-in-last-5-years--257031.asp

purvi sheth (owner) (51 Points)
Replied 17 July 2013

i think the big reason is to start earning through job market...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: