Where and how to escalate for TDS Non-remittance by employer

Rajen Pandya (55 Points)

05 May 2009  

Hi,

I was working with iSmart Global Pvt. Ltd. till Feb09. During this period, they have deducted TDS to the extent of Rs.27000-28000. They always default for remittance of TDS, and for FY 2007-08, they deposited TDS on 31st July, 2008, being last date for filing Income Tax Returns for individuals. As the company is in cash crunch, they delayed salaries of employees as well for very long time. I have made so many followup through mail, with CC to highest level of person, but they are never reverting back for the same.

I am having a serious doubt regarding the Form 16 also. I don't know as to whether they will issue the same in time or not.

I have already sent draft letter of the complaint that I have prepared, but no reply from their side.

I need serious help as to where can I escalate this matter in the income tax department? Is there any vigilance person's mail ID or contact number or Fax number or address on which I can send the complaint.

Also, I would like to know as to whether I should complaint to my assessing officer or the employer's assessing officer?

You can send your reply to my mail ID rajen.pandya @ ge.com (rajenDOTpandyaATgeDOTcom)

Thanks in advance.

Rajen