What will be the Assesable Value

Party A - XYZ Corp

Party B - XYZ (I) Pvt. Ltd.

Party C - ME.

XYZ (I) Pvt. Ltd. is a holder of a SVB Order.

"XYZ (I) Pvt. Ltd." intiated the import of a material and made a HSS to "ME".

XYZ (I) Pvt. Ltd. transfer pricing is Rs.580.00 (In INR).

XYZ (I) Pvt. Ltd. sold the goods to "ME" at Rs.730.00. The Agreement of HSS reads actual sale price and not CIF + 2%.

What is the assessable value for calculation of Customs Duty.? Rs. 580.00 or Rs.730.00 or Something Else.

Replies (1)

 Assessable Value (AV) is the 'Value' on which duty is payable as a percentage. Generally, by 'Value', we understand the price as mentioned in Bill or Invoice. However, for excise purposes, it is not possible to fully rely on such price as (a) Duty is payable even if goods are not sold (b) It is desirable to have uniform policy in fixing the AV (c) Chances of manipulation in such price should be minimum.

 HENCE, RS. 730.00 WILL BE ASSESABLE VALUE.

REGARDS

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details