What is the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) ?

jjjjjjj (C.A FINAL) (223 Points)

05 April 2009  

It is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy Course. It is a test of four subjects i.e. Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude. This test is of 200 marks. This test is divided into two sessions of two hours each

• A Simplified Entry to the Chartered Accountancy Course
  • CPT will replace existing Professional Education (Course-I) which requires 10-month study period followed by an exhaustive theoretical examination.
  • CPT is an objective type test to be held every February, May, August and November. This will reduce long waiting for entry to the chartered accountancy education and training.
  •  

Common Proficiency Test will be an objective type multiple choice based examination. Candidates will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium Question Paper Booklet for answering the questions. Detailed information will be found given in the Information brochure. Common

Proficiency Test (CPT) is open only to those students who are already registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the said course and fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions.

FAQ -Common Proficiency Test ( CPT) What is the Common Proficiency Test? Who can join the course?
What is the fees for registration? How to register for CPT? Should there be any study package? What is the eligibility for appearing in the examination? How to make application for appearing in the examination? What is qualifying marks?
What is the next step after passing CPT? What is the transition scheme for existing students of Professional Education (Course-I)? Can they join CPT?