Easy Office
LCI Learning

Value of CA.........

Page no : 2

CA. Abhishek K. Pandey (Manager (Advance)) (901 Points)
Replied 23 May 2012

Its pathetic that its happening.

Since you say that's a mini ratna co., I remember ad of a similar co. who was offering a psalary of about 20,000-22,500 p.m. to B.Com./M.Com.

Additionally, that can be earned even by a 12th pass employee by working at a call centre or actually more.

I don't know where the things are heading. I don't know what the ICAI is doing.

Obviously, CA prefix is good, but if a B.com. or call centre can earn more or equal to a CA, I am afraid that this prefix will go useless. Just like LLB.

1 Like

CA.Sharmila (Accounts Executive) (48 Points)
Replied 23 May 2012

Sir It happened to me as well. Even after becoming a CA. The Job insecurity feeling still lies in my heart.

Amar (Intern,Manian & Rao) (60 Points)
Replied 23 May 2012

Originally posted by : CA Dinesh

Hi All,

Truly said Mr Jain, You are right with your approach,,

And the comments given by Amar are ridiculous, He says prefix of CA is useless and only ability matters,, if that is the case then why all people go for CA, CS etc they should try their luck without attaching the prefix CA,, Its very important to have a prefix because the Recruiter determines your ability on that prefix and the prefix of CA to MBA differs a lot,,

I know at last, in career ability works,,, However to get into challenging positions of career you should have a prefix..

Whatever the comments are of job opportunities in and around, the fresh CAs are facing a lot of problem,, and Institute is simply watching.,,, Hope in the coming days the situation will be better.

I never said anything about the CA degree being useless. smiley I don't know how you've intrepreted my comment.

I'll never be in a position to answer "Why people do CA,CWA,MBA" because that's not my concern and will never be.

I only know why I've opted for this course .I've chosen this course to learn more about money matters and to increase my knowledge about finance & markets & investments. So that in the coming years I would be in a better position to make money using this knowledge.By using my brain to make money through various options as after CA i'll be having a better understanding of these.

So, the "Value of CA" is in the way you apply your hard earned Knowledge!

1 Like

Dhiren Doshi (CA, AVP- Finance ) (260 Points)
Replied 27 May 2012

Value of CA is decreasing drastically if we compare position and status we had 6-7 yr back.

ICAI is not doing anything.

MNC are hiring 1 CA for work of 4 CA. Hence huge unemployment.

(Guest)

The main problem(my opinion only) is that accounting professionals are passing out in huge numbers from top institutes like CA, ICWAI, CS, and other College programmes like MBA Fin, M.Com, B.Com every year.  There is an influx of the accounting personnels in the economy which has created an excess supply than what is required as per the demands of the industry. The business industry hence has numerous options for choosing from these candidates. Mainly in a business concern the functions of the accounting involves activities such as book-keeping, data entry, taxation-vat,service tax, excise, customs, income tax matters like tds, filing of returns etc etc. A person with accounting knowledge and experience can do these activities without a minimum fuss. He needs some some experience and knowledge. I have come across many such people who have just got degrees or post graduates are working quite capably in these areas. Now the business organization wants to have  a strong back-bone by having a complete and full proof accounting system running properly day in and day out. For them cost and profit is also a priority. And hence they will get the people they require to run these operations efficiently at a price at which they(organization) are able to earn more and yet get the routinized things done efficiently.

The real issue is that the industry is not growing at the same rate at which professionals are coming out. In an open economy there can be no restrictions put on any institute to limit the pass% of ca's or icwa's or cs's , since every body who is deserving has the right to pass out. Now the expectations of  a newly passed out CA is very high. But are they giving back to the industry something more that what other accounting personnels doing routine jobs are giving? Hence it is  for these professionals ... to show their real worth by giving that extra to the organization. Industry requires such professionals for giving them the cutting edge in strategic management of the organization and to increase their operational efficiency. Only then the economy will grow and there will be more opportunities.  So I am of the personal opinion that if you are not getting a highly paid job, just go for the available job according to what is best available  and show your worth to the organization. When you become the need of the organization. there will be no one to stop you from getting the remuneration you were dreaming. In the present scenario just having qualification like CA, CWA will not do any good... you have to show your real worth  in the organization by contribution to its success. If that is done.. the benefit will be for our professional growth and also the economical growth.(though still many of the ca's are getting 5 to 6 lakhs- this trend will reverse if the professional do not make smart contribution to fight the present  recessionary tide).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: