use of wrong ITR . what to do ?

Arijit (none) (24 Points)

05 July 2011  

Hi ,

I work in an online Indian tutoring company and received 128,000 in FY 10 - 11 .12,800 has been deducted as TDS and Form 16A sent to me .

In AY 07 - 08 , 08 - 09 , 09 - 10 , 10 - 11 I have filed ITR 2 [ manually not efiling ] . One problem had always been there ; my income is not salary ; not interest ; not amount paid to to a consultant [ I am not a doctor , lawyer , CA etc . Tutoring is not a recognized profession ].  My company calls payment to me " Tutoring Charges " . Even in other years there was doubt as to if I should file ITR 2 or 4 . Some of my friends file ITR 2 other ITR 4 . IT dept does not care in other years

This year I wanted to go for efiling and on 3rd July with help of an online tax return company filed it . The system asked yes / no questions filled up the form and submitted it after I paid the requisite fees . When my ITR V came by email I saw that the website had filed ITR 1 [ Sahaj ] . I sent the ITR V signed copy by ordinary mail to Bangalore on 4th July

My questions are

A ) is ITR 1 correct for me ? if not then which form and which heading in that form is for me ?

B ) if not then what should I do ? Should I file revised return ?

C ) if ITR 1 is a mistake will IT dept reject it and notify me to file a revised return ? How am I supposed to know ? Meaning suppose they scrutinise ITR 1 and find no fault with it and in meantime I go ahead and file ITR 2 revised return . that will make things very complicated

D ) can revised return be filed online or does it have to submitted at IT office in my city

thanks to anyone who can help me out .

Regards

Arijit Mitra