Unprotecting worksheet in itr-2

While filling ITR-2 - worksheet for SPI-SI-IF sheet for entering income chargeable at special rate, the system asks for Unprotecting the sheet. The cells are not green and hence cannot be entered unless unprotected

 

kindly guide how can I proceed. I have already enabled editing and content. I am using Excel version 2010.

 

 

Replies (9)
Quick Summary
In ITR 2, protected sheets cannot be edited directly. Enter special rate income through relevant schedules like OS using dropdown options. If issues persist, update utility, enable macros, or download a fresh file.

Download a fresh after update of Java  on your computer.

Enable macro of the sheet as per instruction given.

If problem persists...... call helpline........ (sometimes utility issue gets solved by online helpdesk)

The cells are not green means no data entry is allowed. It will take the data from some other fields. Could you share which data you would like to enter in the protected cells
I intend to enter income at concessional tax rate e.g. equity dividend exceeding Rs.10 lakhs. I couldn't find any other place where I can enter these details.

Open ITR 2

Go to Sheet named "OS"

This will take you to " Schedule OS "

Go to Serial No. 1 d 4 have drop down list.

From the multiple list select "115BBDA-(Dividend income from domestic company exceeding Rs.10lakh)" and write the Dividend income income more than Rs 10 lakh.

You will get the result without unprotecting the sheet.

See the screenshot

See the screenshot

Thanks for the solution. It works.

For the current AY 2018-19 I am facing the same issue but no option as past year available. Please advice

Zip Code

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details