Easy Office
Easy Office

Unexpected one!!!

Page no : 3

Rhea (Student CA Final ) (633 Points)
Replied 19 January 2016

Audit :- Same in my case, I could bet they couldn't give me less than 50 no matter what. But I got 40. I suck at cramming, so I did not memorise the audit standard numbers properly but I am sure I wrote good and logical answers. By the way, I have been a good writer and scored well in theory subjects all my life. I might have mentioned wrong SA numbers in some answers and i feel like as soon as the examiner see's wrong SA number, they cross the answer right away by assuming it is wrong as they don't have much time on their hands. That is the only explanation. Conclusion : They don't care about how sensible and logical you are. You MUST cram SA numbers and PE clauses. Infact, you should start your audit studies with learning these numbers and then proceed further. Law : I don't know, my marks were in line with expectations, a bit over actually.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Rhea
Audit :- Same in my case, I could bet they couldn't give me less than 50 no matter what. But I got 40. I suck at cramming, so I did not memorise the audit standard numbers properly but I am sure I wrote good and logical answers. By the way, I have been a good writer and scored well in theory subjects all my life.

I might have mentioned wrong SA numbers in some answers and i feel like as soon as the examiner see's wrong SA number, they cross the answer right away by assuming it is wrong as they don't have much time on their hands. That is the only explanation.

Conclusion : They don't care about how sensible and logical you are. You MUST cram SA numbers and PE clauses. Infact, you should start your audit studies with learning these numbers and then proceed further.

Law : I don't know, my marks were in line with expectations, a bit over actually.

This is really a competitive exam in the disguise of Final examination of a profesional course.

No matter how much one prepares or how many intelligent students fill the form, only 10% students will pass.

This means ICAI will choose 10% students with relative higher marks.

Majority of the students will write average answers. This means there is a relative competition in terms of quality of answers.

Here the SA number, AS number, PE clause number, linking of Income tax provisions and Companies Act provisions with Audit, will give you the competitive advantage.

So, the objective is to get top 10% marks in the Audit. Now, if by writing SA number you get into the top 10%, then, even if ICAI scale down the marks in Audit, top 10% will remain top 10% and will pass.

And if you are not in the top 10%, then, after scaling, there is a chance that your marks might fall below 40.

The general perception that " If you study, then you will become CA" is misleading.

The reality is that " if you study better than 90% of the students, then you will become CA".

I never got less than 55 in Audit just because I used to write SA number, AS number, PE clause number, linking of Income tax provisions and Companies Act provisions with Audit.

This is the secret of passing Audit and other subjects with the good marks : Just be in top 10%.

Those 90% failing also studied for 6 months. These students are also hardworking. These students also deserve to become CA. These students also write logical answers ranging from below average to average quality.

But to be in top 10%, you need to write BEST answers.

You cannot say that " My paper was fine. I wrote logical answers. I should get 50"

The question is whether the top 10% wrote SA number or not. And I guarantee that all students in the top 10% write SA numbers wherever they can.

2 Like

Kumar Gaurav (Going...to be C.A soon...)   (1624 Points)
Replied 19 January 2016

Audit :- Same in my case, I could bet they couldn't give me less than 50 no matter what. But I got 40. I suck at cramming, so I did not memorise the audit standard numbers properly but I am sure I wrote good and logical answers. By the way, I have been a good writer and scored well in theory subjects all my life.

I might have mentioned wrong SA numbers in some answers and i feel like as soon as the examiner see's wrong SA number, they cross the answer right away by assuming it is wrong as they don't have much time on their hands. That is the only explanation.

Conclusion : They don't care about how sensible and logical you are. You MUST cram SA numbers and PE clauses. Infact, you should start your audit studies with learning these numbers and then proceed further.

Law : I don't know, my marks were in line with expectations, a bit over actually.

It might be the case with me...but as far as i remember that i have had mentioned all PE & SA numbers as well.....No matters i will take care of this in my next attempt as well.

1 Like

Replied 19 January 2016

Originally posted by : Hammad Rashid

This is really a competitive exam in the disguise of Final examination of a profesional course.

No matter how much one prepares or how many intelligent students fill the form, only 10% students will pass.

This means ICAI will choose 10% students with relative higher marks.

Majority of the students will write average answers. This means there is a relative competition in terms of quality of answers.

Here the SA number, AS number, PE clause number, linking of Income tax provisions and Companies Act provisions with Audit, will give you the competitive advantage.

So, the objective is to get top 10% marks in the Audit. Now, if by writing SA number you get into the top 10%, then, even if ICAI scale down the marks in Audit, top 10% will remain top 10% and will pass.

And if you are not in the top 10%, then, after scaling, there is a chance that your marks might fall below 40.

The general perception that " If you study, then you will become CA" is misleading.

The reality is that " if you study better than 90% of the students, then you will become CA".

I never got less than 55 in Audit just because I used to write SA number, AS number, PE clause number, linking of Income tax provisions and Companies Act provisions with Audit.

This is the secret of passing Audit and other subjects with the good marks : Just be in top 10%.

Those 90% failing also studied for 6 months. These students are also hardworking. These students also deserve to become CA. These students also write logical answers ranging from below average to average quality.

But to be in top 10%, you need to write BEST answers.

You cannot say that " My paper was fine. I wrote logical answers. I should get 50"

The question is whether the top 10% wrote SA number or not. And I guarantee that all students in the top 10% write SA numbers wherever they can.

Sure boss i will keep this in mind...Thanks again

1 Like

Maithili (1) (476 Points)
Replied 20 January 2016

Dear Kumar, even i have faced the same problem.

I had scored 54 in Audit in May15 and was expecting Much more this time round.

But got only 42 inspite of attempting for 84 marks (even after mentioning relevant SAs & ASs in all the questions attempted)

Even i feel that they are deliberately reducing the scores in Audit & Law

Replied 20 January 2016

If this is done deliberitely then i am speechless bcoz v r giving professional exams and not an university xam and it is not possible that all the students have done their audit exam on same level as it seems that it is manipulated on the basis of rest subjects performance group wise.

Replied 21 January 2016

Very Poor correction in Audit...Most of my friends have failed mainly bcoz of low scores (than they had expected) in Audit & Law

Replied 21 January 2016

Very Poor paper correction in Audit...Most of my friends have failed mainly bcoz of low scores (than they had expected) in Audit & Law

Replied 21 January 2016

Very Poor paper correction in Audit...Most of my friends have failed mainly bcoz of low scores (than they had expected) in Audit & Law

Krishna Priya (FINAL) (158 Points)
Replied 21 January 2016

I am giving attempt in May 2016. I bought books in May 2015. for first group will it be sufficient?? Pls reply

Thanks in advance

Krishna Priya

Nishant (Accounts Assistant) (378 Points)
Replied 23 January 2016

Even I feel something is amiss with the correction of Audit & Lae papers this time...

Dont know where i lost marks...Very disappointed with the marks i got

Tottaly 'Unexpected'

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: