Easy Office
Easy Office

Tulsian's financial reporting - final

Page no : 2

Haran (Practice) (382 Points)
Replied 11 August 2012

cool yash,i was just kidding seeing your love for sir's book,well i too have used his book for 12th standard accounts,moreover i just wanted all our friends to have a balanced approach while selecting a book,the way you have given feedback now ie you have used the book,studied 2 chapters it is really nice,brother i never wanted to hurt you it was just a casual joke,sorry to have offended you,i went little overboard in your criticism,well friends the book is only available in delhi and i mailed tulsian sir and he told very soon he will make it available in other parts of the country.

Yash one morething as you have the book,tell me whether accountingstandards are covered in it or not and particularly as 30,31,32,and guidance notes,yash if you could message me those to my caclubindia message box will be really helpfull.

come on friend i just teased you never meant it.

cool

have a nice day

Yash Gupta (Article) (205 Points)
Replied 11 August 2012

Hey Haran,

I think both of us just want the best for our other CA Club friends. Lets just forget whatever has happened.

I have no grudges whatesoever...Cheers to our friendship!!

I just msg u details about accounting standared in the book in your inbox

Cheers

Yash!!

CA Ashish Pathak (Employed at Cipla Ltd.) (2779 Points)
Replied 11 August 2012

Hey yash even i want to know how is AS 30 31 32 dealt in this Tulsyan Sirs book. Thanks.

Replied 11 August 2012

Hey Ashish,

Actually, tulsian sir's book  comes as a set of 2 books. You will basically get  2 books packed together One is main textbook covering all topics. Second book is on Accounting Standards.

AS-30,31,32 is covered in the main book itself by way of 3 chapters namely

1) FInancial Instruments : An Introuction 

2) Financial Instruments : Derivative Accounting

3) Financial Instruments : Hede Accounting

Thanks

Yash

ANIL (Forensic services) (242 Points)
Replied 11 August 2012

@ Yash...the book is now available online...:) Thanx and Regards

Anil

1 Like

Replied 11 August 2012

Title: TULSIAN'S Financial Reporting
By: DR. P.C.Tulsian
Price: Rs 650  

ISBN: 81-219-4170-9
Category: Books for College & Universities
Subject: Commerce & Management
Class: Degree
Pages: 950
Binding: Perfect
Language: English
Edition: 1 (2012)
Chapters: 9
Descripttion: PEDAGOGICAL FEATURES: 1. OBJECTIVE OF THE BOOK : TO SERVE AS A TUTOR AT HOME 2. NATURE OF THE BOOK : A SELF STUDY TEXT BOOK 3. COVERAGE OF THE BOOK : STRICTLY AS PER SYLLABUS 4. QUALITY OF THE TEXT : STANDARD & AUTHENTIC 5. LANGUAGE OF THE TEXT : SIMPLEST MEANT TO SERVE BEGINNERS 6. PRESENTATION OF THE TEXT : TEACH YOURSELF STYLE 7. APPROACH OF THE TEXT : TO THE POINT 8. PARAGRAPH OF THE TEXT : UNDER SUITABLE HEADING/SUB- HEADING 9. IMPORTANT FORMATS/FORMULAE : HIGHLIGHTED THROUGH EYE- CATCHING SCREENS 10. ORGANISATION OF CHAPTER : UNIFORM UNDER FOUR HEADINGS, VIZ. TEXT SUPPORTED BY SUITABLE ILLUSTRATIONS, SOLVED PROBLEMS DISTINCTIVE FEATURES: 11. Over 150 Exhibits : To acquaint students with various Practical Steps. 12. Over 300 Illustrations : To aid better understanding of the Text along with necessary Working Notes and Alternative Solutions (if any). 13. Over 300 solved Practical Problems : To provide Opportunity for more Practice. 14. Over 150 Professional Examination Problems: : To make the students familiar with the Examination Problems. 15. Over 250 As Problems : To enable Students to revise Important As Problems . 16. Revised Schedule VI : All Problems solved as per Revised Schedule VI. 17. Financial Instruments : Three Separate Chapters cover the Practical Applications of AS 30, AS 31,AS 32

Contents: UNIT 1: INTRODUCTION UNIT 2: VALUATION UNIT 3: CORPORATE RESRUCTURING UNIT 4: CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS UNIT 5: EMPLOYEE SHARE-BASED PAYMENTS UNIT 6: VALUE ADDED STATEMENT UNIT 7: HUMAN RESOURCE REPORTING UNIT 8: ACCOUNTING AND REPOTING OF FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS UNIT 9: FINANCIAL REPORTING FOR FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS APPENDIX CA FINAL EXAMINATION PAPER MAY 2012

neha thani (Article Assitant) (21 Points)
Replied 12 August 2012

even i m a fan of tulsian sir....can u plz give me the details of online store where this book is available..?

Back in the Game (a) (1273 Points)
Replied 12 August 2012

Originally posted by : neha thani

even i m a fan of tulsian sir....can u plz give me the details of online store where this book is available..?

cabooksonline.com

Replied 12 August 2012

Shankar Shridhar (Student-CA Final(New) Articled Assistant)   (115 Points)
Replied 20 August 2012

@ ANIL - Is the book good for Accounting Standards or is there a need to buy D S Rawat Book separately for Accounting Standards?

Replied 20 August 2012

I got the book last wk....AS book is provided along with fin repo book...but i felt the AS book is not adequate...the book mainly consists of latest exam qns...plus the same author has published a book on selected AS..Good for revision purposes...but my pick is RAWAT...the best book for concept clarity..... Regards, Anil
1 Like

Ankur (CA Final Student) (999 Points)
Replied 20 August 2012

I think that standalone book is more for ipcc than finals. i am looking at  sanjeev singhal's book for upcoming exams.

Replied 20 August 2012

Hey Anil,

I think you are right. If Tulsian sir had added text in Accounting Standards book that he has done in the main text book , it would have been wonderful.

But I still think for Revision purposes, the accounting standards books is very good. It contains all questions one needs to do to prepare a particular Accounting standard.

Moreover, there is seperate chapter "Miscellanous" in Accounting Standards books which even contains questions regardaing disclosure in Revised Schedule VI.

And also not to forget, AS-21,23,27,30,31,32 already gets covered in detail in Main textbook by way of chapters on Consolidated Financial Statements and Financial Instruments

Thanks

Yash

Shankar Shridhar (Student-CA Final(New) Articled Assistant)   (115 Points)
Replied 21 August 2012

Thank u.. anil & yash!

Thanx for the update.. wil consider b4 making a purchase decision!

Replied 21 August 2012

@ Shankar : Any time......:)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: