Easy Office
LCI Learning

Treatment of interest

Page no : 2

CA Suri Kota (Assistant Manager @ EY) (955 Points)
Replied 24 October 2009

Yea ......thanks sivaram for clarrification.........I thought of in other way.............

(Guest)
Originally posted by :sandeep pandey
" How to treat interest on borrowed loan for construction of house property which is for business profession? Its urgent..................................... Reply please................. "

As the house property is used for the purpose of running business, then interest on loan before the construction should be capitalised...Agree with Gaurav Raichura...

Gaurav Raichura (CA-Final Student) (82 Points)
Replied 26 October 2009

Kind. Attn. Sivaram

Mr. Sivaram, AS-16 givens only examples of some of the qualifying assets and Mr. Suri Kota has mentioned one of these examples in his reply i.e. manufacturing plants. So I replied him that it can also include factory building.

As far as your question relates, my answer is qulifying assets also includes administrative buiding because generally a new building can't constructed within short period.

Futher, if the house property is DLOP, the computation of the income of such house property is to be made considering it as Let Out Property and in LOP cases, interest fully deductiable u/s. 24

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: