transition dilemma

Sonal (16 Points)

10 May 2007  
Hi everybody. I have a funny dilemma, which I want to share with you and seek your advice.
I just passed PE1- tried for a rank but missed it by a whisker. Now, want to try for a rank in PE2. But, the problem is that I just saw the transition provisions and from what I could make out, I have 2 options-
1) Join articleship after Sep 1 under PCE
2) Register upto 31st Aug for PE2.
But, I don't want to join articleship now as I feel it would be too difficult to manage both graduation & articleship, which logically leaves only the second choice, i.e. register for PE2.
Here starts my problem. If I join Pe2 now, I would be able to appear only in Nov 2007. From what I can make out, a lot of Pe1 students would be joining articleship and give PCE in May 2008 which would leave out very few fresh (1st attempt) students in Nov 2007. If this is the case, then would my getting a rank be valuless- I mean it would be something like ' In a country of blind people, person with one eye is the king.' I have 2 questions-

1) Is my analysis that there would be very few first attempt students appearing in Nov 2007 Pe2 students correct?
2) Would getting a rank in Nov 2007 be really devoid of value if in your opinion the answer to the first question is 'yes' or is my thinking flawed.

I agree that there are no clear answers to these questions but I am only asking for your opinion. Maybe these qustions are funny but these are very important to me. I would be grateful if you help me.

Regards,
Sonal