transfer technicalities - Help needed

Nirav J ( ) (45 Points)

17 February 2009  

I am a PCC student and have registered as an Articled assistant on 10-10-08.

I had a ( heated ) discussion on the 16-01-09 with my Principal regarding specifics at work and i expressed my desire to leave the organisation and seek a transfer.

My CA never commited any date as to when he would give me transfer.He kept me waiting for a month and now says that he will NOT give me transfer.

He is forcing me to work in his organisation.I refused to do that and finally after much deliberations,he finally agreed to sign my transfer form.

He however, says that he will put 16-01-09 as my date of termination, which would essentially mean a BREAK of articleship for me for a month.

I believe this would affect my PCC MAY-10 attempt as i will not be able to complete 18 months.

Upon communicating this to my CA that this is not acceptable, he just flatly said that he will do as he pleases, and upon me saying the inevitable, that i will have to take this up officially with the institute , he tried to scare me by saying that he has enough PULL in ICAI and that nothng will happen to him.

He also refuses to acknowledge the working hours Regulation of ICAI , which was the prime reason amongst others, why I want to leave his organisation, and says that those regulations DO NOT apply to him.

I would really appreciate if some one can suggest me as to what I should do in order to get this issue sorted out.

P.S: I have recorded all the conversations I had with my Principal till date in my phone , including the statements by him, namely

"I know people at various levels in ICAI and have enough PULL"   to

"tumko maine sirf bola tha 'do laat kheech ke marega' , bolna nahi chahiye tha , 'maarna chahiye tha'   " . .

I have all of it recorded on my Phone.

PLEASE HELP. I am at my wits end.