Training an article assistant outside india

Vidhya Madhubala (N/A) (42 Points)

29 December 2011  

Dear All,

I am an aspiring CA. Passed the CA- inter examinations in the year 2007. Underwent Articles for 9 months in 2008 in chennai and had to relocate to the United States as I got married. 

Now, the new revised rule that a student can receive articles training outside India is the best news that I have received in the past few months. :) I am very happy that the institue has also started facilitaing students abroad too. However, as the rule is very new, I wanted to make sure I am eligible for it and also would be able to make use of it effectively. Kindly help me find answers for the following. I believe people in this forum are up to date and are very helpful. It would be awesome if you could help me find a way to successfully complete the CA Course. 

1. Can I get trained from a CA member who stays  in the United States and practices as a Certified Public Appointment (CPA) ?

2. What should I look out for in a CPA here in the US before I request him/her to provide me training.

3. If I get trained by a CA in the United States, I believe the training will be mostly based on NASBA rules and FASB, GAAP etc. Will that be considered good enough? HOw is a CA living in the Unoted states for a living supposed to provide training based on Indian Accounting Standards?

4. Has any of you undergone this training before? Do you know anybody who has undergone this kind of articles? I would be glad to talk to those who have already went through this process. 

I have million questions as this is a new rule which obviously has not been tried and tested and thus I look up to you all for help. The fact that I am outside India also provides me with little access to people/resources there. 

Again, i kindly request you to provide me with help. Looking forward to hearing from you all. 

Thanks and have a happy new year. 

VMB