Page no : 2

Ashwani Narnoli (.) (1843 Points)
Replied 01 August 2009

Originally posted by :Kumar
" The toughest subject is cost &f.m.and I.T.&S.M. "

Kumar (CA FINAL Student) (266 Points)
Replied 01 August 2009

Hi Guys,

Really thank you very much for your suggestions and support. They definitely helped me a lot in my planning.

Thank you again.

Have a great time.

Hemalalitha R (IPCC Student) (50 Points)
Replied 02 August 2009

Hi Kumar and friends,

Even I hv just cleared CPT. I am a +2 Commerce student. This thread will really help new IPCC students.

Hope to hv more views from Seniors. (How to tackle the toughest papers)

Thanks.

Hemalalitha R (IPCC Student) (50 Points)
Replied 02 August 2009

Hi Kumar and friends,

Even I hv just cleared CPT. I am a +2 Commerce student. This thread will really help new IPCC students.

Hope to hv more views from Seniors. (How to tackle the toughest papers)

Thanks.

shivam (3354) (319 Points)
Replied 09 August 2009

thanx for help

s (-) (216 Points)
Replied 09 August 2009

Given PCC this june, awaiting results,

MY ADVISE: First comes first. Focus on 1st group, as you need to get your articleship. then try your hand out at 2nd gr. Don't go for both if you are not confident. otherwise you will end up with none ONE IN HAND BETTER THAN TWO IN BUSH.

1.A/c paper - Core subject - Prepare 1st from module, but focus on AS more.

2 COST-FM: Lengthy syllabus, prepare for practical sums in costing, Theory in FM better than vice versa

3. LAW: Start it from today.

4. Tax: V.K. Singhania is best. Just take care to see that you prepare for the correct Assessment Year.

mradul (student) (38 Points)
Replied 23 November 2009

hiii..

my list is..

1]Costing Fm, 2]A/C -usually lengthy thts it, 3] IT is like breaking ur head against wall whereas SM is easy, 4] TAX - under ipcc scheme Indirect Tax has 50 marks weightage with a relatively short portion,it is hardly 100 pages if u study frm module. make this subject as ur strong point nd u will clear this subject very easily wit exemption.Even Direct Tax is simple but its too vast.giv sum tym for topics like salary,buss nd prof nd capital gains.

5]Law nd Audit is easy.

Nidhiii (Audit) (642 Points)
Replied 26 November 2009

Hii!!

I also fall into the category of school pass outs who are doing IPCC straight away.

I've been attending coaching classes for the past few months and made a few observations which happened to be quite worrisome :(

According to me the flg are the (+)s and (-)s of various subjects:

1)Accounts-Very Voluminous and time consuming. But the main plus point is that if one understands the core concepts,then this subject is a cake walk(provided that you are able to finish the paper on time)!!

2)CAFM- This is a highly tricky paper full of totally new concepts which we haven't learnt thus far. It needs thorough understanding of the subject to feel confident before the exam!! FM is comparitively tougher than Costing.But with good practise and exposure to a variety of problems,we can try to gain control over this subject.

3)Law,ethics,Comm-This is a theory paper which will solely depend on your rote memory and memorizing skills.But one should try to understand the acts in his/her own words and try to write the answer in his/her own style with the keywords highlighted in different color pen!! I'd say that ethics is kind of dry when compared to law. Comm is not very tough as it can be learnt easily from text books without much difficulty.

4)Tax- Indirect tax is the Key!! Since it has 50marks,we must try to finish it off first and pocket 50marks!! Income Tax is pretty tough and needs a good teacher to explain the concepts properly..Tax needs good understanding and conceptual clarity!!

Rest Later..

Hareesh H Sharma (Cleared IPCC..now article)   (894 Points)
Replied 01 December 2009

Dear Kumar ,

First of al congrats on joining IPCC...i just wrote my nov 09 exams for both grps..

The main thing u have 2 face is pressure from all sides saying this is tough thats like this and al that..this mentally pulls you dwn 4 the 3 hrs u write the exams..If not tat u can surely comeout in flying colurs harish

And about each subject

Accounts part 1 and 2

I guess accnts in group 1 is simple as it has all basic financial accnts topics which u can finish easily and the AS coverd in grp 1 are also fairly simple ones..U wnt have any problms in that paper for sure..

Abt grp 2 i guess it needs more time compared to grp 1 accnts as the AS in are tough and also more of it is related wit company accnts..and u can xpect ques from each and every topic since its a 100 mark paper which makes it a must for stdyin the accnts of elec comp etc which s dam boring

Costing FM

This is the paper which u ll need 2 spend a lot of time doing problems. The paper need thorough understanding of the concepts as the probs can be from any chap or even mixed from 2 chaps..But its nt very tough as ppl frighten u out dude..And never neglect theory 4 this paper..its at your peril if u do tat..thoery accnts for nerly 40 marks..study that well and u are sure 2 pass 4 this subject

Tax

The simplest thing to do is stdy VAT n Serv Tax well as its for 50 marks..and u can score it tat well..U ll understand y I say this if u go through the QPs..cos most of the ques are from the Study material itself..so follow Study material for both of them...
For IT get yourself a good book and a good class..

Law Ethics and comm

I faced a big prob in this paper as i couldnt finish off my revision for the entire sub durin ma exam time in one and haf days alloted bw exams..So beware this is the most lenghty paper to finish..Again bare acts are easy 2 finish off if once u study you get the crux out of it...company law is very lenghty and i wud suggest your hand written notes which can help u a lot

Ethics and comm- I don hav any shortcuts for this..Its just another papre u gotto study...and in comm that formats of deeds and stuff are very imp too..5 mark ques frm tht is sure

Auditing
 Its an easy subject if u take the interest..study company audit chapters well..its mark weightage is high..The 1st 4 chapters and the 1st 20 SAs are almost one and the same..so dont duplicate there...Stdy AS 1,2,4,5,6,9,10,11,12,16,26,29 etc well for practical ques

IT and SM
IT is the most boring subject in the lot..(if u lik computer and technial stuff its an exeption) bt again SM helps u there. Its a easy scoring paper..SM plus a 10 mark flowchart may be can help u clear this subject too

This was from my personal exp..any further queries are welcome dude

CA Paras jain (Audit Senior Assistant) (1544 Points)
Replied 02 December 2009

thnx harish..

that was really helpful..

Hareesh H Sharma (Cleared IPCC..now article)   (894 Points)
Replied 02 December 2009

ur welcome paras...jus sharing wat i went thru..tats al

ABHAY PRAKASH (Student) (129 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

i want some kind  of auditing and tax notes you have them then  just reply me

apmande @ gmail.com

Prithvie (learning ) (34 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

2 years ago kind of old topic ... but really very useful

CA/FM moved to no 1 priority

k b balaji (Article) (21 Points)
Replied 16 November 2013

hi friends 

iam study ipcc ,we need notes for AS so pls help me nether any book nor notes e-papersad

Sankhadeep Mitra (2 Points)
Replied 10 February 2018

Sir, Your explaination was a great help to all Inter students regarding giving weightage to study each subject of CA-Inter. I reached to you to seek your help to regarding making a format for studying Law. Can you please vividly explain the format you explained regarding law. It can also be great help if you could send me photo of the format you used during your study time of Corporate law. Thank you. Regards, Sankhadeep Mitra.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: