Time to get back to studies

Sathish M (Management Accountant) (40581 Points)

21 January 2014  

Respected fellow Members,

For all those who appeared in November 2013 CA Final Examination, it must have been a very torrid week to spend as the results have not gone as expected. It's quite palpable that the students are still aggrieved and anguished with last week’s result. So how long will one prod about the bygone results with emotions? As you all are aware that nothing is going to change in your marks sheet for this attempt (except for some who would be fortunate to scrape through by re-totaling of marks). Hence, one should now reconcile to the fact of vowing to perform better in the ensuing examination, so that the scourge of the past doesn’t bother you too much. 

There are some people running high with emotions and making personalized attacks on each other. Freedom of speech is a welcome, but not at the cost of hurting someone. I urge members to restrain from vilifying fellow students. There appears to be some disgruntled voices that are pro and anti November 2013 results and it is apparent. Let them have a healthy debate, but should not indulge in slandering at each other. It would be better on their part to make such overture at the right forum before the right authorities rather than stoking the flames of frustration.

Now it’s time to get back to your books and follow a rigorous timetable by working industriously.  For those who will be writing their CA Final Examination for the first time, even you must be more determined and not be deterred by the immediate past results. You all must now work on a simple theme – come what may, how tough the paper may be and how strict the evaluation will be, you will be a CA this time (just think of the movie 3 Idiots, in a scene, whereby Rancho and Farhan try to steal the paper from the principals room for Raju, but by then Raju is seen determined and says he will stand on his own foot through his sheer dedication). It may sound filmy but that’s the spirit needed to ignite your passion. The need of the hour is for you all to strive hard for an exemplary result and this can be attained through smart studies. Be focused on your goal and try coming out victorious. Hope this post of mine will be able to motivate at least someone in this forum. If any of my words taunts anyone of you or looks impromptu, I urge you to kindly excuse me.

Here’s wishing all the CA Final May/June 2014 Examinees best of luck.