Easy Office
LCI Learning

There is no difference between ca and cwa???

Page no : 3

Hemant Dalvi (CMA FINAL APPEARED) (53 Points)
Replied 22 October 2012

yes, i m completely agree with this... As i had observed that cwa passing percentage in both inter and final stage is less compare to ca course. Also, they have brought drastic changes in syllabus in both stages which includes every sector like corporate goveranance, securities laws, corp. laws, international business finance, capital mkt structure, and other most topics which are closely related to c.a. syllabus.. This will results into cwa may easily come over to c.a. course.

CA. Abhishek Sinha (Asst. Manager Finance & Accounts)   (79 Points)
Replied 22 October 2012

I am a Chartered Accountant as well as Cost Accountant.

As i have qualified both the examinations and presently in Job. As far as job market is concerned in my view both CA and ICWA are Finance professional cources.

Passing of Exams is the basic difference between two professions. It takes less time and effort to qualify ICWA exams than CA exams.

Both the cources cover almost same slybbus if one go deep in their subjects.

As far as job is concerned, there is no difference. In whatever field these professionals were placed they show their excellence there.

CWA only needs marketing of their profession in which the profession was only lacking from last many years.

I have seen many many ICWA's who named very well in their industry!!!

As the number of members of CA profession is very good so in industry they named well and they named due to their audit monopoly profession. If CWA's can be given opportunity they can perform at par with CA's.

My view is as per my Job Market Experience........!!!

1 Like

Santhosh (Apprentice) (29 Points)
Replied 22 October 2012

Dear all

I wish to clarify that simply changing the syllabus and updating the same doestnt mean that a course is improving. Students should get right things at the right time. CA is a beautifully designed course ask the CA's they knew it. Questions, valuation. practical training molds a CA to handle things better.

CA is a time consuming course i do agree but the gain u derive as CA is far more than CWA or CS

Prashant Rajput (An insatiable Learner) (889 Points)
Replied 06 August 2015

CMA is improving year after year.

Keshav keyal (To become best cma) (26 Points)
Replied 12 May 2016

Then plz see syllabus of cma 

Keshav keyal (To become best cma) (26 Points)
Replied 12 May 2016

Comparison between .ca cma is worthless both are likely to be same cma syllabus is  somewhat vast then .ca and .ca have more power as compare to cma which make .ca to work in all field doesn't mean cma can do the work of .ca do financial audit and cma do cost audit but due to less member in  icwai govt give this power to .ca 

Harshit Mishra (student) (118 Points)
Replied 14 June 2016

Career opportunities are similar after both the courses. If you want to go for further studies or Ph.D. then ICWAI is best because it's approved by the association of Indian Universities where in CA you will not get this advantage.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro