Easy Office
LCI Learning

The Riddle

Page no : 2

Vidhyashankar (CA) (1292 Points)
Replied 23 June 2009

What are your "strategies" Veenaji? I would like to know how you came to this answer?

Replied 23 June 2009

This and that plus a year= this=1 year plus that =1 year and plus 1 totalling 3

And add this to an UKG guy who has attained only 4 years

we get 7 birthdays which mean I have only seven birthdays till now.How is it possible by having the birthday only on Feb 29th(leap year)Fishy means pisces month which is Feb...as no other month can have this leap year thing as with feb...

7 x 4= 28 years feb 29th deduce the year accordingly...

veena (Working in Consultancy Firm)   (46 Points)
Replied 23 June 2009

so...ur birthday is on 29th February, 1980?.......

well.....my "strategy" was as below:

'this' contains 4 letters and 'that' contains 4 letters......so a total of 8......plus 1 year means...add 1 next to it..so, 81 (1981)

I thought a UKG guy would be 5 years........so i supposed that the date would be 5th.

I understood that the 'Fishy Month' was February.

though my answer was wrong......it was worth a try.......

by the way......that was a very gud riddle.....kept me busy for a while....

keep up the gud work......

Replied 23 June 2009

Hey veena you have lexigrammatic intelligence! You must be doing some crossies and the like, else no one would have come up with "this"=4 and "that"=4(interpolating alphabets with numbers).("This" and "That" is a common way in which Britishers refer to an year here and an year there. In case you are wondering how I came up with "This" and "That" and equated it to one).

Fishy month being Feb was a good deduction(though technically even March iscorrect if you were following your strategy solely).

My date of birth is : 29.02.1980(Indian date system).You were the only one who got atleast 2 right--the month and the year and thats why I asked for your solution.

You have persistence,patience,humility to reply back(despite my taunt) and a fun attitude;Im sure you would go places if you put in efforts.

YOU HAVE BEEN DECLARED THE WINNER! OF VIDHYASHANKAR'S KAUN BANEGAAA COREPATHY!!!!....COMPUTERJI LOCK KIYAA JAAYEEE!

veena (Working in Consultancy Firm)   (46 Points)
Replied 24 June 2009

thx 4 ur praises..

can u please explain how 1981 came to be a leap year?

Replied 24 June 2009

That was intelligent....haha! But I then like to keep my birthday secretive! Thats the issue....(Alice in the Wonderland-Queentype of riddle!)

But yeah, if you carefully analyse, I have not explained fully and how come Im 28 years old now.It is also hidden in the puzzle,Go figure!

gulam hussain (article) (77 Points)
Replied 30 June 2009

i

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: